Monday, April 14, 2008

 
I went to the funeral of my friend today. It was a fair sermon how the Love of Jesus ought to be with us to get over anything. It is a comfort to me Jesus and I do not know where he stood but I think I am able to rest in my faith and pray for this time when people are going to hopfully ask about heaven and think of the truth that we are going to die. We can die at anytime and then we are going to be asked what did we do with Jesus and his offer of salvation and it can happen in a instant so be ready for you do not have anything. You have no time really because this life is short and today is the day you have. Worry is so stupid when you have a short time on earth it is better to make it right with Jesus and live alone for his glory and take no chance with life because you might not have much time.

wHAT DOES IT MEAN IN THE BIBLE WHEN IT SAID GOD IS MY FORTRESS?  I SING IT AT CHURCH ALL THE TIME BUT DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS
 
 
1     I cwill love You, O Lord, my strength.2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
     My God, my 1strength, din whom I will trust; I do not know what the fortress is but I can guess. In the time of David the cities were built inside big walls to protect the people from the ones that would want to kill them. The walls would be thick and the buggy's would be able to ride on them and inside of the the army's would sit and be ready to fight when the bad people would go and attack them. This might be a fighting term and he might be saying that Jesus is one I can run into and be protected because the Love of Jesus is the protection of my life. Deliverer is like one that brings something or takes away. Jesus takes us out of danger or prehaps he is there when there is danger to us. He takes the danger from our souls and hearts. Jesus has taken the war and fought it himself by dieing for me on the cross and raising again.

     My shield and the 2horn of my salvation, my stronghold. WHAT IS A STONGHOLD  ANYONE HELP ME?
Horn of my salvation might be a weapon. Piper said this
He is a horn of salvation because He uses His power to secure and protect His people.
And that brings us back now to Luke 1:69. Jesus is the horn of salvation because he is a deadly weapon and tremendous power which, according to verse 71, He uses to save His people from their enemies and all who hate them. Zechariah means primarily; that the Messiah will one day literally destroy His enemies and gather his people into His land and rule them in peace. And indeed, He will when He comes a second time. But Zechariah's words necessarily imply more than that.
Verses 74 and 75 show that the goal of God's redemption in raising up a horn of salvation is to "grant that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life." God's aim in raising a horn of salvation is not merely to liberate an oppressed people but to create a holy and righteous people who live in no fear because they trust Him.

Thus, how are we to understand Jesus as the “horn of salvation”?  The answer should be fairly obvious at this point; the horn of salvation is a symbol of a place wherein one can find refuge from the assaults of this world—the greatest enemy we face being sin and temptation to sin.  And, indeed, that is exactly the context in which Zechariah is speaking.  In Luke 1:68, Zechariah speaks of God having redeemed his people, then in verse 69, he speaks of that redemption in terms of God having raised up the horn of salvation.  As the praise song goes, “He is our refuge in days of trouble, he is our shelter in times of storm, He is our tower in the day of sorrow, our fortress in the time of war.”
STRONGHOLD Jesus holds our life. He is the stronghold or a protection of the people who know him and salvation. It is a war thing and Jesus here goes to war for us and works on our lifes to protect us and hold us up in the hard times.

Here are some places for studying thie terms of the Lord tonight

http://www.jesuswalk.com/names-god/7_stronghold.htm

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?