Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 

Are you thristy

John 7 37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

I am going to do my best to work this passage. I really do not have a ton to say but I want to dig here. Jesus said that if I am thristy come to him for the living water. If you are hungray in the spirit then go to Jesus. Jesus said this on the feast of tebernacles, which is a high point in the jewish land. In the last day of this fest the Jews would take and pour water out to show honor to the Lord. Well this water Jesus is offering is said to b e living and if you drink it your going to have water flowing out of you. Jesus is tellingmaybe of the Spirit and how when one is saved your going to have the thrist for your soul is filled by Jesus in the Spirit. Your witnessing is the truth that flows out of you.

So I take this away from this passage. Jesus is living in me and I can be filled to overflowing when I am following the Lord. Also when I am saved I can go to the spirit and be filled. In the filling of the spirit we are filled when we confess our sins and ask for the filling of the Spirit.

So for the saved Lets get filled with the Spirit by confessing our sins and asking to be filled with Gods power to live and serve Jesus

For the unsaved Get saved. If you know your a sinner ask for Jesus to forgive you and ask him to be your lord and Love. Then read the bible and get to know him.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?