Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

John 6 and up to date on me

We have been in the book of John this year and for the summer I am going to keep going in it. If we need to go over issues we will. I want to update on my personal life. I am no longer working for Panera bread or at the bar I am working for target here in town. I like the job so far because it is easy and the people are real nice. I went to the Twins game and we won so we are one and one when I go. I am watching movies to with blockbuster mail service. SO I am going to have tons of movie nights and good movies. I went and saw the governor last night as my pal Barry K is going to Iraq and going to fight in the war to give the chance for freedom for the land and the people. I am not sure I am ok with it all when the Christians do not have the freedom to plant churches and tell people about the Lord. If there is no Jesus It means no freedom in the heart of people. Jesus is the key to freedom and without him no freedom is worth it.

Here is todays bible lesson
60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”
61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

Soed it offend you that Jesus is teachiing He alone is the way to heaven or that he clearly said a few times in this passage that no one comes to Jesus without the Lord drawing him OR no one comes to Jesus that the father has not granted is. Jesus had preached this and many did not follow him anymore. Let me remind you of the place we are at in the word. People are following Jesus because the Lord has done many things that are abosultele impossible and miracles that jesus did. Jesus is giving tons of signs that he is the true one and he is sent from God and Jesus is showing folks that he is the one to follow. Is it that you follow Jesus for the heaven and your not willing to obey him and do as he said. Jesus asked you to put needs you have on the back of the line and fill his needs like shareing his grace with others or feeding folks that do not have. Jesus does expect you to love others and himself before you love yourself.

So here is what I take from this.
1 I want to follow Jesus and take on his hard stuff and love and obey his word.
2 I want to rest in the truth I am saved and not work for it but obey his word to know what to do.




66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 1

I want to freely walk in him and not for me

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?