Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Jesus is the bread of life

I do not like comments that are going to make me go in places I am not wanting to go. I am not a fan of comments at all on the blog but sometimes I just have to endure them. So I already said why I am not a baptist in the way Krissy told me she is and I am not going to waste my time to defend myself. I want to go into the bible in ohn and work in the next part

John 6 43 Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.

This has been at the center of debates and for Calvinism for me. I maintain this is a good place to show the lack of free will has for his faith. What does the passage say. Not what we want it to say what does it say. No one can come to Jesus unless God draws them to him. It means that no one is able to go in his own will and come to Jesus. It has to happen in the power of God. One has no power to go and get saved without the Lord drawing them to himself. 45 just hits this again, one has to be taught to repent and come to Jesus. One cannot just come to Jesus on their own that would be you saving yourself and that is taking the power away and the glory from Jesus and we are not going to do that. To not see the passage this way is to read into it and making it say something it does not say and if you do that you make it harder than it ought ot be and tyou change it, Not a good thing to say or do.


47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”1

He who is saved is saved forever. If you are saved and do not grow it still is a truth your saved. Believeing is the thing one must do to be saved. Jesus is clear on this truth. Jesus is the bread of life and if you are looking to be filled in the Spirit Jesus is all you need. He is the the only thing you need to be filled. We do not need to go around and look at things to fill us we go right to Jesus. Salvation is all you need to get to heaven do not be tricked into all the trash they are going to tell you to follow just go to the bible and follow it. Jesus is not King James only or not into this CCM is bad as some are. Jesus said to trust him and read the bible and obey it. Some people go into things that are not in the bible and I am not happy with their trashing the bread of life who is going to fill us and change us. Do not fall into standard fall into Jesus and let him run your life. If you eat of the bread of life you live forever and nothing take Jesus away from you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?