Thursday, April 12, 2007

 

Healed but not saved

Psalms 138 2 1 I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You.
2 I will worship toward Your holy temple,
And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
He has his word above his name. God and Jesus are going to honor t5he word above the name of Jesus. Hey it is right here so I am going to say it until I am torn away. I always knew that was in the bible but not sure where to find it.
Back in the time of Jesus their were people that followed the law of God and made things up in that law so people would do things that God said not to and also what5 man said not to. God wanted the people to not work on the sabbath and worship him. I happen to be one that does not work on sunday and I am weak to the point where it is not right to. I do not really follow this because I go and eat out making others work so I am not all that big on it. But the Jews had made laws that were not right in Jesus eyes and our focus ought to be Jesus and the words he spoke. In the passage I think there are good things we can focus on and Jesus said things I need.
John 5 And that day was the Sabbath. 10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, “It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.”
11 He answered them, “He who made me well said to me, ‘Take up your bed and walk.’ ”
12 Then they asked him, “Who is the Man who said to you, ‘Take up your bed and walk’?” 13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.
Jesus told this man to get up and take his bed. Not right in mans eyes at that time but we look to the giver of the Law Jesus and Jesus made this ok. Note that they asked who done it and Jesus went and hid. If they got him I think they would of killed Jesus for this.
14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”
15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.
1It seems that some times sin can cause us to get sick. If you sin you might get sick. David in the old testament had his bones waste away and that was illness caused by sin. If you commit sex outside of marige you can get aids. If you smoke you can die of bad lungs. But I also do not make that to mean all sickness is of sin. Jesus told this man if he did not stop sinning worse could happen top him. I think people can sin in ways and harm things in life they do not want to. If you drink to much your liver is going to be gone.
So did this man love Jesus. Nope he turns Jesus into the leaders and they nail Jesus for it. Jesus healed the man and this man was not thankful or kind at all. He turned on Jesus the first time he could. I am sure the man used Jesus and then did not heed the warning Jesus gave and might be in hell today. What a sad end to this mans day. Jesus had this man and the man ends up walking away and gives the leaders more stuff to kill Jesus on. May we learn to not fumble the things Jesus does for us into bad and nasty stuff.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?