Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Jesus calls to you

Last time I talked on the truth that Jesus is all in the3 OT and some of the things that you ought to look at. I am thinking that maybe we need to all get bibles and mark the things we saw and then use it to share Jesus with people. Maybe mark your bible in a way to go over the things about Jesus and then note the page numbers where you mark it so you can share from the bible the places in the old where Jesus was or things like doctrine that we find in the bible. I often like to list the passages out here to show where I am thinking and I ought to just say print out some of this and mark up a bible. It might be great for sharing and telling others about Jesus our Lord
John 1 46 And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”
Philip said to him, “Come and see.”
Nathanael makes a point the out of the sin filled town of Nazareth Jesus came out of. I am not sure what this statement means but I like Phil and how how he does not talk he just said come to Jesus and see HIM. Note this is one that has just met Jesus and how he just brings him to Jesus and said it is Nathanael job to go see him. It is a good way to share Jesus just have the seeker go to the Bible and get out and share him. Lets see the truths here about who is seeking who...
47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!”
48 Nathanael said to Him, “How do You know me?”
I think Jesus knew the man already. He also knew the heart of this man and he knew all about him. Psalms 139 tells us that God knows your thinking before you ever think them. Check this out
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.1
1 God knows everything about me and understands my thoughts.
2 Jesus knows all your ways so whatever you do it is already a known truth to Jesus and he has nothing surprising him.
3 All your going to say is known by the Lord. This means he knows all about each one of us and he loves you no matter what and if you think there is no God He knows that about you.
Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
Jesus saw him knew him and has chosen him to get saved. Can you see that. Jesus knew all about him and Jesus shows that knowledge to the Man. Jesus proves to you that he is and if you do not see than friends then your blinded by something and your lost. Jesus did not saved everyone and he turned men away that would not follow him.
49 Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”2
Why does he say this if at first Jesus did not show him who he was?
John 1 50 Jesus answered and said to him, “Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’ do you believe? You will see greater things than these.” 51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”3
Jesus had to show himself to him for him to believe. Jesus has to awaken us and everyone that comes to him because none of us really are going to go out and Find Jesus. Listen you never found Jesus Jesus showed you who he was and what he did and that you are given the chance to respond to Jesus. Here is the thing you need to Know. Jesus is the Son of God and he has come to die for your sins. A sin is breaking the rules of God and when you break Gods laws and rules he must punsh you. God is holy and God is love. In holy God cannot see your breaking the rules and just forgive you, a fine must be paid. The fine is hell forever and no hope to ever be with Jesus in heaven. So Jesus came to die and take your hell and give you his life on the finial day. In this God gave you a chance to accept this gift by asking Jesus to forgive every sin you would ever do and take his life and allow him to change you. If you want to be like Nathanael you can pray a pray to the Lord and ask him to forgive you and ask him to help you not to sin turn from your sins. If you would do that please send me a email or a comment and I would love to help you in this.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
2The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
3The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?