Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

Go and tell the bible to the un converted

What r some good ways for us to spread the Jesus news in this season. How can we make this season a season that makes the Lord famous. I am thinking about working with a tract to many people as I am able. We also have a movie out about the nativity story and the news of Jesus. If your saved we need to get out and buy tickets and make this movie the biggest possible. Please go see it and then take friends to it and make it the movie Jesus can honor. I think it is key to the gospel that get it out as much as possible and I want to reach the lost. I want everyone that knows the lord to reach out and win people to Jesus. I want to return tonight to the book I started a few times and that is the book of John. I am not going to review Iam just going to going to go into this and see where the Lord goes.
John 1 35 Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples. 36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!
Went over that term and why Jesus is the lamb of God. He died for our sins and came back to life so that we could know him and go to heaven.
37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. 38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?”
They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”
39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).
Jesus saw 2 of the 12 he was going to name and he asked Who do you seek. I wonder who friends do you seek in life. But before I ask this I must ask what in life do you seek in life? If your looking for some kind of a get rich love your sin life I have nothing for you. If your seeking the meaning of life I am going to tell you the meaning is a relationship with Jesus. But the 2 are going to seek the Lord. They call Jesus teacher or rabbi. Jesus is the great teacher. He teaches us how to live and love others and our selfs. Jesus said to come and see and they went and got to know the Lord and who he was. I think they might of went to see if this might be the one God sent. He has made a lot for the case. John is this book is really letting me know I need to see who Jesus is and why I follow him.
40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41 He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ). 42 And he brought him to Jesus.
Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone).1
So they have been there for a day and Andrew did what I think we ought to do is to bring people and our friends to Jesus. In the billy graham crusade they have something called Operation Andrew. In it people list people they want to see come to Jesus. I have a list I want to see come to Jesus. I want Shelly and Jason to come. I know they say they do not want Jesus but I think I am going to have to keep praying and trusting the Lord for salvation for them. I am not talking about seekers here I am telling you they are not wanting the Lord and wish I would be more open minded. I think people link Jesus with the republicans and friend Jesus is not any political leader. Jesus is not into anything unsaved people but wanting you to repent and trust in him alone for salvation.
Note Peter and what he did he went and said he found Jesus and told his brother he found the Lord. That is our job when we come to Jesus is to go tell others to come find Jesus. It does not matter if you got saved tonight or 6 years ago to witness all you need to do is to tell people Jesus loves them and bring them to the King and allow him to do the work of life change. I do not think as some do that Jesus is asking you to be him and save anyone. I think that some say if you do not save one they are not going to be saved. I think that God is going to work his people he choose someway and your not the one he is depending on. God does not trust us with the work but he does it all inspire of the things we happen to do.
Here is tonights site to defend the Calvinist faith I am willing to die for.
http://www.corkfpc.com/calvinismindex.html
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?