Sunday, October 22, 2006

 

help me on this one

There are 2.6 billion people in the world who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ and more than 380 million people could not read the Bible even if they wanted to because there is no translation in their native tongue! We so take for granted our Bibles. When given a Bible in his own language, a man from India held it up over his head and shouted, "Thank you, God, for sending me Your truth today. May I be worthy to read and understand it" (Voices of the Faithful, Beth Moore).
I was on a site and went to many pages and one got into mine while I was working the site and is now a reader. Thank lifejoy and I am glad you came to my page today and I hope tons of others come and make this place a stop on the web. I talked to my sister and she talked for a long time to and that makes me feel so loved. I love my sister and she loves me and to me Cheryl is just the best there is. If I am sad over a gal or anything I think she needs to be in the mix because she is good. Some people in life are just built to love and I think God made Cheryl to be my sister.
Last night I ended with this passage that might need some work to it to
Job 15 4 “What is man, that he could be pure?
And he who is born of a woman, that he could be righteous?
15 If God puts no trust in His saints,
And the heavens are not pure in His sight,
16 How much less man, who is abominable and filthy,
Who drinks iniquity like water!1
This sits in context in a part of Job where one is trying to get Job to get right with God. Instead of doing a pound of work I am going to say this and place some bible notes and move on. We have seen the sin of man that has been shown in other passages. So I think we can take the sinfulness of man out of the passage but I am not going to just build this into one place of this man is a sinner just from here. My pastor (who can say things to change my thinking because he is my leader in the things of God and I need to respect him) said this. He said in context you cannot take a bible passage out and build theology and I agree with that and in bible study we cannot take anything out of context. Without really giving the work it needs I want to note what 2 study bibles say on it and move on.
Macarthur study bible note
15:14–16 A strong statement with regard to the sinfulness of man (cf. Rom. 3:23), that attacked Job’s claim to righteousness. Verse 15 refers to holy angels who fell and brought impurity into the heavens (cf. Rev. 12:1–4). The truth is accurate, that all men are sinners—but irrelevant in Job’s case, because his suffering was not due to any sin.2
The believers bible note
15:17 These verses are certainly not words of consolation. Eliphaz describes the fate of the wicked (vv. 17-35), perhaps in opposition to Job’s suggestion that the wicked may prosper (cf. 10:3; 12:6), and he sees their fate in the traditional manner (vv. 20-35). This graphic language speaks of the inward suffering (vv. 20-24) and the outward punishment that come upon the wicked.
Ok A few more
Sin, Universal Nature—Though Eliphaz accused Job falsely, he accurately described the universal nature of sin. The Bible writers leave no doubt that all persons are sinners. Each of us has chosen to follow our desires and not trust God’s directions. We would not dare compare ourselves to the heavenly beings, yet even they do not come up to God’s standards. Humans have no basis for pride in moral accomplishment. We thirst for evil, not righteousness, until we experience the new birth (Jn 3). Then we become a new creation, receiving a new heart and spirit (2 Co 5:17).
Tell you all what I want is your thoughts in can I use this passage to prove man is sinful and not good or should I not use it. (and some say I do not like feedback I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS)
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
2John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?