Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

hebrew 13 the end

I do this all the time do now it is your turns to try this. Here is tonights passage so all you that read this blog I want to see what your thoughts are. Keep them on this passage and blog for me tonight. If I think your the best on the passage I will run you on other passage. I want to see your points on this passage.
Hebrews 13 20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Note God brings Jesus back from the dead. Jesus was dead as a doornail and God brings him back from the dead. Jesus was not in a coma or somehow alive Jesus died and then he came back from the dead forever to bring us hope for life with him. So Paul said Jesus is alive. If you do not think your Lord raised from the dead you have no hope whatsoever.
The great shepherd of the sheep Jesus is the great shepherd of his sheep, Look at John 10
John 10 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Jesus said you come to him because he calls you into the door. Jesus is the one that takes care of you.
3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them
7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”1
Note the Lord is the one that makes you do the good work. God is the one that saved you and he is the one that helps you work for him. If you are saved then go to work for Jesus. Share your faith and tell others to get Jesus and find him to be the truth. God did not save you just to coast into heaven he made works to make you work and if your not working then I ask you are you in the faith. It is so easy to share Jesus. You are to say what he did for you and how he saved you by his grace and blood.
22 And I appeal to you, brethren, bear with the word of exhortation, for I have written to you in few words. 23 Know that our brother Timothy has been set free, with whom I shall see you if he comes shortly.
Here I think is showing that Paul had a scribe and he is writing this part. Also there is a bit of history in Timothy is out of Jail for proclaiming Jesus. I talked about the truth that more people have been jailed and killed for the crime of shareing Jesus with others. WE even have seen this in our land but the bible said this is going to happen and if it is not I ask if we are doing the right thing. I dare you to tell the people on your block that Jesus is the only way and push it to the point where they know of the hell they are going to if they do not make Jesus their king, then your going to be labeled a bit harshly. I got friends that tell me that I ought not offend people.
. 6 And blessed is he who is not goffended because of Me.”
lets not get offended because of Jesus
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?