Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

Heb 13

We need to get back to the reason I started this and it was not to make stupid fights,. It was to have a place to share the Lord and to make his word famous. I am not getting into the bible and I want to get back into the bible. For the people wondering I work at a place that serves achol and food to. I am at a bar and I am also washing the dishes. I know I am also been cut from some places and that is sad but I am going to where I am going to be good and nice. Please forgive me.
Heb 13 10 We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat. 11 For the bodies of those animals, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp. 12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. 13 Therefore let us go forth to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach. 14 For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come. 15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.1
This is not easy to write on because it is a hard passage. The Jews are the ones this is written to and maybe the writer is a jew and he is talking about the laws and the truth that Jesus died outside the walls separating from the people. Lets look at this thing on separation and the Christian and that is one I am not to sure on. We are commanded to not be a part of this world and come out from it. In the old God is shown as one that is so holy and not anypart of man. If you see what the Lord had the jews do they were really a weird people. I am not sure if I separate enough or not. Now we can talk about a lot of things people do and see if the saved ought to do them. Like TV. I have one and watch a lot of it. I do not really watch a ton of prime time I watch lots of sports and news. I know some of you do not have a tv and do not watch it. Good for you because God is shown you the will to quit tv. He has not given me the power to.
Let is keep thanking Jesus for the sacrifice for sin he made for us. Our life is to be about thanking and loving Jesus for his day on the cross. We praise Jesus in song and in prayer for dieing on the cross for us and making a way to know God and go and be in heaven with Jesus forever. I am looking forward to that day and I thank Jesus for everything I have in Jesus and heaven. It is his love for me alone that brings me to the cross and to heaven. Jesus ought to be our best friend and brother and we ought to love him and thank him just for all he has done for us. And we need to share all we have. WE NEED TO FEED THE POOR. We need to clothe the naked and we need to share the Love of Jesus BEFORE WE TELL THEM THE GOSPEL. Yes Gospel is what is the bottom line and souls are the passion but is it going to spread when folks have no food. If we get them saved God is going to provide the things they need to. The righteous do not beg for bread.
In all our behavior—in relation to others, to ourselves, and to God—Jesus Christ is our supreme example. If we want to see sustained love, where can we see it better than in Jesus, who, “knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end” (John 13:1)?
If we would learn sympathy, where better than from our Lord, who wept with Mary and Martha at the tomb of their brother Lazarus (John 11:35)?
If we want to know what sexual purity is like, who can show us better than Jesus, “who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin” (Heb. 4:15)?
If we want to learn satisfaction, who was more content than Jesus, who said, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to accomplish His work” (John 4:34) and, “The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head” (Matt. 8:20)?
If it is steadfastness we need to appreciate, who was more steadfast than Jesus as He resisted Satan in the wilderness (Matt. 4:1-10)?
If we want to know how to be separate from the world, we should listen to Jesus’ prayer, “I do not ask Thee to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world” (John 17:15-16).
If we want to see sacrifice, Jesus not only made the perfect sacrifice, He was the perfect sacrifice, giving “Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma” (Eph. 5:2).
If we would learn submission, who has ever submitted to the Father as Jesus did in the garden when He prayed, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for Thee; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what Thou wilt” (Mark 14:36)?
If we want to know what supplication is, we must listen to Jesus’ great prayer on our behalf that constitutes the entire seventeenth chapter of John.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?