Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

heb 13

It is my goal here to try to call life as I see it. I said last time I work at a bar and I actually do dishes at a place that serves beer. I was then told Jesus condemns me because of it. I took that stuff off the page and I explained why. I see some good solid people do not see the bible as I see it and thery like to attack people or not talk to people because of faith. It is sad when I find out people have rejected cards for things when life hurts. It is sad when people do not love others because they do not get the way they think. It is nutty to cut people down because they work at a place you will not. But that is the state of church in this area and some have just got to be shut down. God must hate the modern church at times and hate the lack of love and the preachers that use the bible in attacks and not in love.
Hebrews 13 7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.1
We are in a place in the bible where we are given some things we ought to do to serve Jesus and be in the faith. I see 3 things we are to do and the first is we need to pay the preacher and the people that rule over you in the faith. We need to look to people that are examples in the faith and be like them. The folks that lead you to faith are people we ought to honor and respect. I think of some of the people in the past who lifes God used to bring me to Jesus. I think of a Man named Bob who I emailed and called when I first got into Jesus and he sends me Macarthur tapes. I spent a week in his home and he just lives for Jesus and serves and helped me with the basic things of the faith. Jesus used him to get me on my feet and still helps me. Pastor Art is another man I look up to because he has a calm life and yet his faith is strong. Right now pray for me that I will find older men to guide my faith in Jesus in Church. I think of Denny a friend of mine who lives his life for Jesus and he does in in a great way. I want to be like men who are strong in Jesus and be in the word and live out my faith. I talk a lot about the females God used in my walk and I have males that have affected me.
Next command is one that talks about not be carried away with the new and strange stuff. False teaching is all over the place. If you hear of a new thing God is doing in the world today get away. God does not not change things in time. If he does a new thing he is going to be backed up in the bible. I do not thing the Charismatic stuff like falling over is a good thing and matter of fact I stay away from people like that. I do not like the new movements in our faith I want a simple faith that is from the bible alone. Good solid faith that urges bible study and proper thinking is where my doctiune is, not anything that is outside of the bible. It is one reason I am going to use the bible in my pages because it is the source of all truth. I have a long statement on what I believe (one in the Macarthur bible which you should get and read from. King James only folk can still get is one volume commentary and still be into mac for 30) I do not accept the creeds like the apostles because they do not express salvation right. If you want my creed email me and you will get a copy of it. And if you ever need to discuss anything on the pages I make email me. I think God thinks proper thinking about his word is the word and not in a creed. My creed is the bible and the bible is to be trusted above everything and everyone. It means you stick to the basics of the bible until you get to a place where you gwet better. I think you need to study the bible hard and keep at it until you get it right. I think every Christian ought to get a bible software packet and know how to use it and read the bible every day and be a life long student on all things. That is how you get to know Jesus and what it is you live for.
shadman@charter.net
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?