Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

heb 12

Internet privacy is something I think I need to learn. We live in a day and age that if you post things on a email or on the blog if the people do not understand you it can look and sound so bad. A church in the area taught me this. I wrote things that people took wrong and the pastor is asking me to stay away. I wrote things here that make my own pastor not happy to shepred me. The Internet is a fun hangout and I am always on it, but sometimes I just do not get understood and you all take me wrong. No I am not going away because I said until everyone in the world agree on everything I am going to stay right on this. But I need to do a bit of net safety for me and set some guidelines. I want you to help me by giving some guidelines.
Twins won the Central today. I might go to a playoff game but if I have to work that is more important right now. I want to go but I also want others to have a chance to go if they can. I went to a game last time so I done it. I think we could have a good time in the playoffs but we got to play like we have been.
Hebrews 25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, 26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
God has spoken to us in this last day and I wonder, are we listening to what God has said? Jesus came and gave his life so we can go free and serve God with all we have. It amazes me Jesus gave his life for sinners out of love and I still do not allow that to run my life. I want to run my life and I want to do it my way. Jesus has spoken to us and the words are not the thing that I hear , it is the cross alone that speaks to me and the cross said to me Jesus gave his life that he had for me.
Next thing is the truth that this earth and heaven13 is going to be shaken up and the only things we did for Jesus and did them in love are going to remain. Nothing done outside of Jesus is going to be here. That is something I ponder and I wonder about, what have I done for the Lord that is going to last. Here are some other places in the bible that talk about the end of the world
2 peter 3 10 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.1
1 what r we doing to save things for the next life?
2 Are we living as if the Lord is going to be here anytime?
3 I got to ask myself is my conduct in line with Jesus?
One thing this passage shows is the truth this place is going to end and all is going to go and that is something I need to ponder. Are my works ready to go and be judged when Jesus comes and the other thing is do we trust this word?
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.2
What is the Grace we are to have here? Is it that we ought to have favor and not condemn? I think it is the grace Jesus gives us and we ought not abuse it but to have grace and also serve with fear or respect and awe. Like if your playing in a pro ball field for the first time your going to know the place you play in is not a playground but the pros. Like if you play in Yankee stadium and it is the first time you play knowing others have played the game before you your going to respect the game and give it a little more.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
2The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c19

Comments:
Shadman wrote, "I want you to help me by giving some guidelines."

Okay, some guidelines.
Does it edify the person concerned?
(If not, talk to them first to see if they will change)

If it doesn't edify, don't use their real names. Hint and innuendo will do far more to catch their attention. If he/she is prideful and self-serving, then see you talk about someone like that, he/she will think "Whoa, that person is a jerk." And maybe one day realize that "jerk" is him or her self.
But that part takes God's divine influence. Prayer helps here.

Is it of interest to you?
If so, then write about it.

Do you genuinely care about those involved and wish them to do better?
If you don't think they'll improve, or are just trying to show that you are right, let it lie. God will prove His people right in time.

God Bless, and enjoy the Twins!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?