Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

Run for Jesus with all you got

I do not want to sound anti Jesus but after a weekend at the church I go to I am not sure I really belong there. We had a dinner on Friday night and I got to talking about the race in the congress here and I said I might vote for the Demo anti life person and I was told I am going to answer to Jesus if I vote anti life. I might vote for the person who is going to bring a light rail to connect the Minneapolis area with mine. The rail is a vote to help me and the Rep is not for it and that makes here not able to get my vote. Then a person tells me that the Catholics are going to heaven and I do not think so and I have addressed this on my page before. They are not into the bible and Jesus and heaven as being a free gift and until they are they are not saved. So here is the thing you might comment on Should I leave over this or should I stay?
Let me go into the bible tonight and glean the words of Paul
12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.
A good bud of mine likes to bug me sometimes because sports and the bible do not in his mind mix. This is talking about the sport of running a race and some of the things about enduring to the end and focusing on the prize of Jesus. We are called to get a gaze on Jesus and not to look at anything else. Fix your eyes on the Lord Jesus. Do not focus on your sins or your past but focus on heaven and run as hard as you can to get to the end. Share the faith, pray for the ones who need it and give extra cash to missions and do not stop because this race your in is for Jesus and heaven. Do not run this race as if your just going to heaven but rather live for Jesus and make it the only race you run and run to demolish the race. Jesus gave it all for you maybe in your life and mine we need to give not just more to Jesus but all to Jesus because we are loving him and the time is short.
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.
No this is not about working to go to heaven it is working out here for Jesus. Your heaven is when you got saved and it is always when you got saved and it is forever. And the holiness is given to you at the time of salvation. Get right with people. No Grace Baptist your not right in making this to say do not forgive the person who is not saved. I heard that and I still think it was wring for Pastor to say it. You be kind to ALL and not just your church but with all man. If your not kind they will not ask you for Jesus! If your mean you lose them and the chance to share the Lord with them.
Make every effort to share Jesus with all you know if your his. Press the issue until they know they reject Jesus and the spend forever in hell. This is hard but if we give any hope of a person going to Heaven without Jesus as the Lord of their life we fail to share Jesus. It might mean your rejected but Jesus is that way. A great place to share is Way of the Master. Look it up and learn from them how to share Jesus. Make sure friend to share Jesus.
Treat the people in church with Love and do not be mean to them if they are in sin. Love them and gracefully try to get them to repent and when they fail to repent wait and keep loving them until they do and if you need to remove them for a time do it in love. I do think there is a time when you remove Christians out of a church for sins to get them to repent
17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.1
Esau gave his rights to his brother over a bowl of food. Rights meaning his rights to be blessed of his father, I beg you to not give up any rights for anything. Get tight and close to Jesus and remain there for His blessing and you will be blessed
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?