Friday, September 15, 2006

 

King James anti only

http://home.mindspring.com/~brucec/kjv.htm
Ok I told you I am going to work on some of the king james only thing and I am a man of my word. I do this to defend the truth of the bible. I have a page on the top to look at. I am placing some of the funnier things on here because they are to good not to laugh at.
They believe only the 1611 King James translation is a valid expression of the Word of God. (they are off by the truth that every single good bible school disagrees. Ok if you think Bob Jones is a good school your nots.)
Anybody using a different translation is probably in apostasy and error, probably not even saved. If you happen to also like Christian rock, you are really a bad person. (Hey - Christian rock fans - its THEM saying it, not me!) ( Christian rock is good and if a church tells you it is bad then leave the church. Serious I took a 20 hour class and they had NOTHING from the bible that proved this. Frank Garlock is a nut and can not prove anything and he is not a good teacher. I got the notes and they are all nuttie)
Those of us who do not prefer the 1611 King James translation are supposedly in some sort of satanic conspiracy to ruin the church, and deprive those who prefer the 1611 KJV of their Bible (yes - I know that is bizarre, but I have heard it from several of them!) I think they are giving satan way too much credit and power - what a LAME way to attack the church, to get us all reading the Bible! ( Ok I guess you caught me I am trying to take out the christian church and I am preaching from a bible and we are out to get the bibler out of the hands of good people. No I am wrong I am solidly in Love with the true word of God and I know the king james is not the only one.)
By inference, there was no infallible word of God prior to 1611. God waited for King James to reveal his inerrant word (I hope you KJV only people will correct me if I am mis-representing your beliefs on this point).
By inference, only well educated English speaking persons are allowed to read the inerrant word of God. All persons reading the Bible in another language are not reading an inerrant Bible and therefore are in apostasy. (Again, KJV only people, correct me on that point if I am wrong.)
They believe that Mt 10:14 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." is the proper way to express love to those with whom they disagree ]
Jesus himself told his disciples on many occasions that the greatest law is love. I have read some pretty unloving things coming out of others in the KJV only crowd. Not just about the KJV Bible, but also about other topics, such as different denominations, worship styles, and musical styles (hence the reason why these Christian Rock Apologetics essays have to exist). They claim to be guardians of spiritual integrity, defenders of the faith, the only ones who use the true and inspired word of God. I have different names for them: prideful, puffed up in their own knowledge, arrogant, and bigoted. (yes I know the people of this movement are not into the Love thing. I got emails and comments on my blogs to prove it. They are down right full of Hate and not grace)
Here is the thing read the bible and love the Lord, I am going to take care of the king James only freaks and if they got any point that are vaild then I am going to tell the truth but I am not allow folks to judge you for the bible. I read the New King James and I like it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?