Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Heb Give all your life to Jesus

If your new here on my page I want to let you know what my goal is. My goal is to study the bible and allow you to see my thinking. I allow comments from anyone. Yes anyone. I do this study for me and I hope you read it, but I go into the whole truth and nothing but the truth. My goal is not to make you feel good and happy the goal is to say what the bible said and the truth is. It is not my job also to conform to what you might want to hear, my goal is to share me with you and yes sometimes I am not going to be what you want me to be or think how you want. It is a free land and all my content is going to be what I want. I give you comments to say what you want but if you mis use them I am going to be talking to you. I prefer that you leave a name with all comments or a email because not doing so shows your chicken and weak.
Hebrews 11 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 of whom it was said, “In Isaac your seed shall be called,” 19 concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.
20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave instructions concerning his bones.1
I am not sure how this one is going to turn out. I am not great at the Old testament but I am better in the new. It is a good Sunday school lesson but if I leave it nothing is going to come of it. Abe had a strong faith and that faith had a test. God made Issac his son and now God wanted to see where the faith of Abe sat. It was a hard one. God asked Abe to give everything given to him back to God. As the elect of God friend are we not asked to give all our life to the Lord. We some are asked to give a tithe or offering to the Lord. God is seeing if Abe had faith and this was the test. Was he willing to give God all God gave him? Am I willing to give up my computer if asked for Jesus? I had to give up friends for Jesus and things I loved for him. I want to give my all to make Jesus famous and let others know him. What is your price? Abe knew the Lord had a way to get this worked out. Sometimes God asks me to give up something and it makes no sense in any world but I am asking the Lord to be my KING and that means if its him or a movie the movie is gone and Jesus is able to fill the need. Its a theme it seems with me that I want to give all for Jesus and not keep anything from him.
Look at the faith of the others in tonights passage. I note that they had faith in God until the end of life. Jesus is not for me just for a few years he is mine forever. Jesus is a life style that I want to live for a long long time. Jesus is forever and all our lives we are going to live in him and for him. If you are in your teens your lucky and will be held to a standard by Jesus that is going to higher that one that gets saved in their 60's. Salvation for us in our 30's is awesome but we better get our life right and live and collect good works for Jesus and not lose our hope. If your a saved person in your early child hood first email me and second your going to be shaping your faith in Jesus forever. Jesus has us forever so today plegdge that your never going to walk alone because Jesus is always going by your side and He is power for you. I saw some of the MDA telethon and tonight I am asking you to give the rest of your life to Jesus. Message me and pledge all you have to Jesus for the rest of your life.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?