Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

faith

I went to the twins game on Sunday and they won. It was a fun game to go to and I am going to go in 2 weeks. I am a twins fan but I am a bigger vikings fan. I like the way we played last night but we are still getting to many penalty's. I mean we need to clean them up better. We won and I am happy and the team I am playing for my contest is one and zero.
I want to go in many ways tonight in my bible time. I want to prove the king james bible is not the only bible. I think this is false teaching and I am not going to nail on it. I am going to work out something I did on the issue and I am going to rerun it. I am going to run it again when I am getting more heat.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days. 31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again.1
I am going to do this thing in Hebrews before I go into the version thing and I might run that some other way. Here in the passage tonight we are looking at faith and here is a good thing to look at with regard to the bible
“Faith is trusting completely in God’s Word. It is unconditional confidence in what He says, strictly on the basis that He has said it. The fact is that we either trust what God says or we are left to trust our own intellect, instincts, and attitudes. These are our only two options. Our own way is the way of unbelief; God’s way is the way of faith”
I am to trust in all of the bible because it is the bible. In some things on my blog people who want me to think their way on things I follow the bible no matter what the cost. If God said it I trust and and that settles it. We cannot have a made up deity we have one and we need to get our life in his line and not our own.
In Jericho the people did as the Lord said and the wall fell. It was not the peoples way it was Gods way and that grants all the praise to God and not mans way. They walked around the city and God asked them to shout and they did. God gave you his instruction and now you need to read it and follow it even when the bible might not agree with your life. It might be a risk to share the truth with a co worker but your asked to do it. You are asked to love your neighbor and that means the people you might not get along with. It might not make any valid sense but if you have faith your going to do things not like the others. Rehab is proof that faith can come to anyone God wants. First she sells her body for sex. She was not the one I people think ought to be mentioned in the hall of fame of the OT. God can save anyone and he saved Rehab out of a sinful place and she helped the spies. She did as the Lord said and she found salvation, Are you thinking your not worth the Lord saving you, Your among good company.
Gideon took a army that God shook down to 300 and won a battle. Only the Lord could win that battle and get the glory. Many in the old gave us many examples of faith.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
Reminds me of stoplights.
We have faith that the other people will obey them.
Faith in God should be like that.
I wish I was better at it.
Thanks Shad.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?