Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

Joy in the Lord

I always want to go into Hebrews and the Lord somehow gets me on something else. I want to and I think the Lord wants me to do this on rejoicing so I am going to go on this. I want to take some time and bring a message on reasons to be Joyful in the Lord. Joy is something we need to have and will have in life if we are in Jesus and living for him. So grab your bibles because some do not like my version and let Jesus work in this.
I want to launch out on the passage that is short.
1 Thes 5 16 Rejoice always,1
It is a short loaded command. It is one thing I need to do as a child of God and it is important. It is something we can do to defeat depression and anger. God gives us reasons to rejoice and thank the Lord.
We can rejoice in God because of the chacter of God. God is good. He is never bad. All he does is good for those who love him and obey him. Lets go to the word and find some good reasons to find Joy in who the Lord is.
Ps 28 7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.2
Neh 8 10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”3
Note the Joy of the Lord is your power and your strength. It is the power that makes me go and the thing I long for and the fuel of life. His power is the thing that makes me get out of bed and live my life in a way that makes him mine. Jesus was raised in the strenght of the Lord God and that is the power we have to live the life for Jesus and the hope we have.
We can rejoice in God because he has redeemed us. This shows us Grace, love, mercy and compassion for the sinner. Grace is the stuff we get in Jesus. Mercy is the debt Jesus paid for us when we ought to have been born and seconds later sent to Hell forever. If we got what we earned we would be sent to hell forever on the first sin. God gives you this day to get to know him and to be saved.
Luke 10 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”4
Jesus said to be happy that your his. It is grace that your his and that is good to have so much in Jesus.
Rom 5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.5
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
2The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
3The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
4The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
5The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?