Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Joy in the Lord bible

We Rejoice in God for the bible. The Bible is the most important book in print ever. In this time and place the bible is all over the place. In any home in this land there is a bible. In the usa the bible is in most bookstores and on the net. This was not the case in the past and in some nations the bible is not allowed to be had or read.
In 1300s the pope told the people to burn the bones of people who wrote the bible for the English party. John Wyclif went and gave us the bible and the pope said that the common man was not able to read the bible. If they did the Pope would be out of a job and his church could not have a hold on that time and be the cult that it still is. John Hus took over where JW left off and kept the bible working for the people. He was burned at the stake and his last words were that there needs to be a reformation so the common man can find the Lord and the bible. Then the printing press was used to make lots of bible that led to the reformers getting their hand on the bible and shutting the pope out of his cash and beginning a movement from the cult.
In 1496, John Colet, another Oxford professor and the son of the Mayor of London, started reading the New Testament in Greek and translating it into English for his students at Oxford, and later for the public at Saint Paul’s Cathedral in London. The people were so hungry to hear the Word of God in a language they could understand, that within six months there were 20,000 people packed in the church and at least that many outside trying to get in! (Sadly, while the enormous and beautiful Saint Paul’s Cathedral remains the main church in London today, as of 2003, typical Sunday morning worship attendance is only around 200 people… and most of them are tourist). Fortunately for Colet, he was a powerful man with friends in high places, so he amazingly managed to avoid execution.
Many men were killed by the Pope in the history of the bible. I am thankful for the bible and I am honored that I get to read the words of the High God and the only God. Jesus is the one the bible gave us. I gave a historyt because I think it is wonderful the book God gave to me so I can read his love for me,
Here are some things to think about when you think about the Joy of having Gods Word
Psalms 19 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward.1
Psalms 119 97 Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
For they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your word.
102 I have not departed from Your judgments,
For You Yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way.2
Really that is a great chapter on the bible.
Rejoice in the bible and read it all the time.
Shadman
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
2The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?