Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Joy in the Lord 3

I want to keep going On reasons to rejoice in Jesus. It has been a blessing to do this study.
We ought to have Joy in God because God works out all things for our Good.
Romans 8 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
All things means the good and the bad. If we sin God can work it out for our good. All sin God is going to work on and help me to grow and make me find that sin is not the place to go to. God has a plan and when I am working to find that plan and work to fill it things are great. But even in my times when I blow it God is working to find me and have me repent and find my Joy in him.
James 1 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Like I say sins can bring good. But hard times are a blessing from the Lord. I know that it is not fun to say it but in hard times we ought to be full of Joy because they are going to bring us growth in the Lord and to me any growth is a good thing. It is going to bring us fruit and blessings and God is going to bring his glory into us and people might see the hope and ask. And if one finds Jesus because he is working in me all praise to him.
We ought to rejoice in God because of the promise we have in Heaven. I love this one. We ought to know we are going to heaven because of our faith in the blood of Jesus shed on the cross. And I add we find Joy in the truth that we will never lose our salvation
Psalms 16 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.1
I had a school teacher that really began my faith in Jesus and she had the verse above on her office wall. It is one of the best. God is not going to leave me in hell when I die he is going to take me to the place my Loving king is and that is heaven. God is going to give me life forever and that life is going to be close to him. NOTE I got to make this comment on this passage. The Romans might try to put 10 into your mind and say that this is purgatory. Not true. It is speaking of Jesus and God not going to leave him dead. If Jesus is dead I am wasting my time. He is alive and is the one who lives in me and one day Jesus is going to take me around heaven.
1The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?