Monday, July 17, 2006

 

read the bible fully

A friend to not say we need nuke North Korea confronted me. He told me that if I say that the love of Jesus is not in me and I am not going to be used by a God. Friends I am not going to give up this opinion for someone that is not God. I am not speaking as a Christian I am speaking as a man the sees the bombing of the nation as a good thing so they do not kill us. If we think it ok to just say God is going to take care of a nation if we do not get active as a people and defend the nation. I am not anti trust but maybe it is our job to take this nation and punish it. If people live there and support a bad leader it might needed to get them to throw the leader out. And for that matter God used war to punish people and I think people and nations that harm his people are bad and in need of some power of God in the sad way to hit them. Nuking a nation is not throwing Jesus out it is wanting to bring the truth to people who need it. God is going to judge me and my thoughts are going be seen in that time. Then people are going to get what I mean and did not mean. So do I like war? No I hate them. So do I want to kill other nations that do harm as I think someone needs to do? I think so and I think it is our job to pray for leaders and if they wish to harm people we take them out. Did God set leaders of nations? Yes but he also set nations to take them out if they insist in killing others.

Now I need to teach most of you a truth of bible reader. It is important that we read the whole text when we are learning the bible. I am going to teach you on this passage a couple of ways.

Phil 2 13 work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;[1]

Friends It is on you to work out your walk with Jesus. Jesus expects us to do our part on this issue. It is so key for your works to earn your walk.

I cannot go on. Do you see a problem? If you do not see this you need to learn a bit about bible. And here is the lesion; you are not to take a piece out of the bible and build something out of it. Cults start that way. If I wanted to keep preaching on the term work out your salvation I would be way off what this actually is saying. Here is the whole passage

Phil 2 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.[2]
You work out your salvation and God works in you to do his good pleasure. No you’re not going to get glory or reward for your salvation it ALL is Gods grace and you are along for the ride.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?