Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Only for the saved Baptism

Let me take a couple and plant this here and whatever happens is fine. One reason I can never embrace many in the so called Christian faith is baptism. It is wrong to baptize babies pure and simple. One does not decide to embrace the Lord as Lord you ought not dunk them and give them salvation, If your trusting that to saved you your trusting in a lie. I am not into the baptism can save thing the blood saved you and your trust in Jesus rising. If you do not do that the bible said your not heaven bound. Babies are all going to heaven. Not one of them is lost to the evil devil and sin. God has grace for them all. I see a flood going to the comments to try to get me to change my mind. What is said on this part is solid truth and how I think. I am not into a new thinking, I go on comments when and if I want to.

If you baptize a baby you get him wet. Here is what baptism is to me. I get saved and in my heart I am commanded to get dunked to show what I did in a private way to the whole world. I take my stand with Jesus in a time I am put under water. You do not get sprinkles and you do not do this to the unsaved. I find now where in the bible this happening to kids. I here am going to see new things in comments so I am able to learn. Baptism is a thing for Christians and is not going to forgive your sins(Jesus does that at the saving of your soul.) It does not make you ok for heaven ( you ask Jesus to do that to). It is a command for the saved and that means if your saved you need to get it done. You do not have it done by a pastor if you do not want to. Any Christian is allowed to baptize. It is ok for a dad to baptize his kids or a Uncle or the one that led you to Jesus. Jesus commanded us all to do it in the great commission. It is ok for any saved man or lady to baptize you.

Here are bible verses to back me up

cts chapter 2, verse 41 (Acts 2:41) - 3,000 people were baptized after believing on the first day of the Christian church. Verses 38 and 39 make it clear that this is the way that it will always be done. That is, all people who accept Christ as their savior will come to Him in this way.
Acts 8:26-39 - We know where this road from Jerusalem to Gaza is. Verse 26 terms it a “desert.” The only water there was oasis water. This means that the eunuch and Philip climbed down into the people's drinking water to do this. Apparently, Philip and the eunuch did not think it could wait until later! (You will also notice they did not take a handful of water and “sprinkle” the eunuch to keep things sanitary, either.) The Bible states that all Philip did was “preach Jesus to him” (verse 35) and then the eunuch said that he wanted to be baptized (verse 36). This means that the preaching of Jesus includes preaching the need to be baptized.
Acts 9:18 - after this encounter with Jesus on the Damascus road, Saul (later renamed Paul) decided to accept Jesus—and was baptized.
Acts 10:47,48 - Cornelius and those with him were commanded to be baptized, becoming the first non-Jewish converts to Christianity.
Acts 16:13-15 - Lydia and her household “believed” and were baptized.
Acts 16:16-34 - The Philippian jailer “believed” with his household and they were baptized—and this was in the middle of the night!
Why should someone be baptized?
The Bible gives a number of reasons to be baptized:
Acts 2:38 - Tying repentance and baptism together provides forgiveness of your sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 6:1-7 - This shows us that the mode of baptism (immersion) pictures the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. In the same way that He went through these things, our old nature is to “die” and we are to be “buried with Him through baptism into death” and raised to “walk in newness of life” (live like Jesus). So we do not just try to be a better person, we bury the “old person” in the water and become a “new person” through our acceptance of Christ. It is like a new birth and a new beginning for us.
Galatians 3:27 - We “put on Christ” when we are baptized.
1 Peter 3:21 - Baptism is not an outward cleaning, but saves us through an inward cleaning. It is an appeal to God for a good conscience and asks God to take away the guilt of our past sin (that Christ paid for, wiping our “inner slate” clean).
Well, now you have it—the what, when and why. The only question left to ask is, “what will I do now?” That is between you and God.

( I gogt help putting this together.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?