Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Keeping is Jesus not my job

http://www.carm.org/catholic.htm

I have not sat and done this for a bit. I am all over other peoples sites and not here and that is not good. People want to turn me into another faith and people are not agreeing with me are all over. I do not care because I am saved and I am going to heaven. I am not going to ever agree but I am going to be who I am and if I am wrong the Lord is going to teach me more. I am not perfect but a saint saved by Grace alone. I want to go over the following text because it is such a nail in the your not saved by grace. If we go into this passage and your going to still say we can work for salvation I know your not saved and whatever/

1 Peter 1 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
By Gods abundant mercy he saved or begotten us. NO works from me are here. What do we have but a living hope and the word hope is a certainty. It means Jesus gives us a hope that is not going away. Hope is saying you know your saved and in the cross you have heaven. It is paid for in full at the time Jesus became alive after he died.
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Jesus gives us a inheritance of heaven that is absolutely never going to spoil or fade. It cannot be taken once you have it. Paul said the Holy Spirit is a deposit in you that makes God oweing you if your in Christ. It is in heaven and if it is there your going to collect it and have it forever. Who are kept NOT BY WORKS? WE ARE KEPT BY GOD. It is not your job to keep in Jesus it is done in the power of God. Power of God that made the world keeps you in him. Gods’ power is perfect. Here is a list on the power of God. Made the world. God fought war and never lost one. God killed Jesus and Jesus rose up. It is not hard to keep you a sinner before him.

Eph 1 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.[1]
Ben misused this on a blog. Here is Macarthur’s thoughts in the matter
1:13, 14 sealed with the Holy Spirit. God’s own Spirit comes to indwell the believer and secures and preserves his eternal salvation. The sealing of which Paul speaks refers to an official mark of identification placed on a letter, contract, or other document. That document was thereby officially under the authority of the person whose stamp was on the seal. Four primary truths are signified by the seal: 1) security (cf. Dan. 6:17; Matt. 27:62–66); 2) authenticity (cf. 1 Kin. 21:6–16); 3) ownership (cf. Jer. 32:10); and 4) authority (cf. Esth. 8:8–12). The Holy Spirit is given by God as His pledge of the believer’s future inheritance in glory (cf. 2 Cor. 1:21).[2]
Here is my thinking. God has signed a deal with me and that is salvation. He is beginning in the spirit

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?