Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Hope in the Lord

My computer went bad so I am now on my old thing but I am not typing in the thing I am used to but I am not going to make you suffer and not know what is going on with my life and faith. My faith is helpful in the hard time so I am going to be lifting Jesus name and his work tonight. It is him alone I give any honor to. It has been a good week but the Lord is so good to me and I love him for it. Jesus is going to only give me what I am able to deal with. It makes my wonder how people without the Lord cope with life in general and make the hard calls and get thur sane. I do not see how people cope without Jesus because I know I would not be able to. Look at this passage
1 Peter 3 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
We are to make the hope of Jesus something to use to bring others to his name. We set our hearts apart for use of making Jesus Famous with meekness and fear. It is a gentle thing and that meek heart is one the Lord is going to use to attract people to Jesus. Hop is the assurance of knowing who we are in Jesus and the knowledge of trusting Jesus.
I want to focus tonight on hope.
Where is Hope to be found?
In God
Ps 39 7 “And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.
It is a grand thing to know that we hope in a God who is always worthy of my hope and love. Also look here in 1 peter
1 peter 1 17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God
God is our dad and we need to act in a way that who’s us that is who he is. God is asking us to love him here and act like we know him. We are not people that were just hope we need to give that hope to others and show it is in us. We are paid for by the blood of Jesus and that makes us so much more hopeful. Jesus gave us so much and heaven is going to be so much. Our hope rests in a dad who gave everything he had so that he could bring us to himself. So hope is to be in Jesus and his love and we need to show the hope we have to the world.
I want to make 2 more points: Hope is given to us in the Gospel and when ask Jesus to save you. If your not the Lords your hope is in nothing.
Col 1 3 We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints; 5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, 6 which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;
Hope is given in Patience’s and in reading his word.
Ps 119 1 My soul faints for Your salvation,
But I hope in Your word.
82 My eyes fail from searching Your word,
Saying, “When will You comfort me?”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?