Monday, July 24, 2006

 

500

I am going to keep working on the book of Hebrews. I had fun with my main Pal Rick in the big city but I lost my ticket to go home and they were sold out. Jesus is faithful and I got another ticket and a kick in my pants. I got to keep that ticket secured. He reminded my of the need to get the Good news to Korea. We all need to get Jesus to every part of the world. I ate at famous daves and had a salad with Rib on it. We went to Grace Church in Edina and the bookshop had John Macarthur books and the message was good. Saw a friend Kelly from CCC so Rick I love your church and think Piper has some series competitors.

Hebrew 10 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.[1]
In Our bible many folks have seen God. Moses saw God at the fire and he was scared because God said to bow because it was holy God. Isaiah saw God and declared himself dead. Peter saw Jesus and when he knew who Jesus was he told Jesus to go away for Peter was a sinful man. So it is indeed a fearful thing to see God. It is fearful sometimes to think of being the place where God dwells. If you are a saved person the bible said God dwells or lives inside of you. That is good but it makes me wonder if that makes us fear. I mean in this age of grace it makes me a bit more mindful of the things I might do or say. Jesus who is the Lord is living inside of me and I am blessed and wish to honor the King.

In tonights passage we see it is not fun to fall into the hands of God. In context Paul has been talking about the Judgement side Of God. God is a Judge and one day he is going to see you in his courtroom and he is going to look at your life and if Jesus is not in it your going to spend eternal life without Jesus in a place called hell. I have talked a lot about that and if you read this go back and find it on here. But I want to have us think on the fact that as the Lords kids we get the honor of him living inside of us. In the Psalms David would always say who can go inside of Gods home. Well I am Gods home. God dwells inside of me and I think I need to make sure my life is his and my heart is his. This Judgement thing is for the redeemed to. We are going to give account and if Jesus lives inside I need to clean my life up. For me it means to not diss his Church no matter who it is. It means keeping a good smile on. It means to share Jesus and share him fully. And it means to trust him.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?