Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

Joy in God

First thing how can John Mac send out a letter and give his bible away and expect to make a bit for the church and their outreach. I think it is a step of faith and that is what I love about John Macarthur. He is faithful and he is a man that is not out to make a dollar but to outreach and spend Jesus to all he is able. He keeps his face in the Bible and that is a main thing in the life of a Christian and if your not in the bible as a Christian I really think your walk is not going to be anything. And if your not a Christian I would thing the bible is not going to make sence to you but I would read it anyhow because the truth is your life is still going to be before Jesus one day and your going to be judged by Jesus and it might be good for you to read the book of John and Romans so you have a chance to make heaven.

I want to give you all the notes from pastors sermon because they were so good and I want to have the verses in my files so I am able to use them when I am not being joyful or having a bad week.

God name is Joy and is found in Psalms 43
Psalms 43 4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.[1]
God is my exceeding Joy and without God in life joy cannot be. God makes Joy a reward to them who does not love Jesus and serve him. If your not saved the Joy I am speaking of cannot be found.

Point one Stop looking to your past. Listen all your sins are gone and God has forgot them after you confess and release them to him. If you have sin in your life confess and repent and here is a list of What God does.
A God puts your sin out of sight
Is 38 17 Indeed it was for my own peace
That I had great bitterness;
But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption,
For You have cast all my sins behind Your back.[2]
God does not think about your sins and matter of fact they are out of his mind. Jesus made that possible on the cross by taking the punishment for sins. If you face your sin and confess your ok.
Psalms 103 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from u[3]
God does not deal as he has to because Jesus is taken the sins from us. If your holding on to your sin your not in grace.

B God put your sins out if his reach

Micah 7 Who is a God like You,
Pardoning iniquity
And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage?
He does not retain His anger forever,
Because He delights in mercy.
19 He will again have compassion on us,
And will subdue our iniquities.[4]
God pardoned your sin. Go free and stop living in the past.

C God has put your sin out of his mind

Jer 13 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”[5]]
Like I said go free and live in forgiveness and not in your past.

D God has put your sins out of existence
Is 43 25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;
And I will not remember your sins.[6]
If God took and destroys your sin why do you keep them in your mind?


Point 2 Omit all worry about the future. Matthew 6 is a good place to start. Jesus said consider the lilies of the field they do not worry but God feeds them.

Phil 3 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.[7]
1 forgetting the past
2 reaching for the prize of the call of Jesus

So what do you do when you worry about tomorrow?
Phil 4 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus[8]
PRAY about it and ask for the Lord to deal the stuff your dealing with.

1 peter 5 7 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.[9]

Point three Yield to Gods Purpose.
What is Gods Purpose it is to live for Jesus and his Glory. That is the only way to get Joy.

Phil 121 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain[10]
If I am alive I am alive for the Glory of Jesus and when I die I am going to be in heaven. Life is hard and I got a part of that last night working when I wanted to be done by 9 but got done at 11, long night

Pray this dangerous prayer, Lord I give all my lives to you so do with it as you want. If it means going to where ever to bring Jesus to others or if it means working hard unto Jesus longer than I want to so be it.

Phil 4 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.[11]

Above is the truth we need to think about. If we think on the above we are not going to think on the bad things. It will make us joyous. Read the book of Philippians and your going to find Joy in it.

Point 4 Use what the lord gives me to help others. Jesus other and then you. Look it means you give to the poor and needy.

Point 5 Be content with your life.
Key to the life is this
Phil 4 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need[12]
Paul was in JAIL when he wrote the books he wrote and he had joy. He wrote about having Joy and having contentment in this time.

You can have joy because God is in control and finishes what he begins
All bible is from
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?