Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

help the poor 2

Went to the Y today and got into a talk with a gal that worked for northwest and she is retired and still gets free flights anywhere they go. I would love to have that in a job. On my week of fly anywhere I wanted to like New York and buy another home in CA. I want to work for the airlines and go wherever I want whenever I wanted. Go to grace whenever I could fly there on fri and go home on Monday. SO in light of that friends where do you want to go and why? Make comments and we will get to them.

Last night I talked about some the thing we need to do for the poor. People if your reading this you’re not poor and we need to follow the commands to get the blessings you can get by the word and the Lord. Lets look at what Jesus wants us to do for the poor.

Matt 5 42 42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.[1]

Here is a convicting thing for me at least. Have you ever been in the cities and had a panhandler ask you for cash. I wonder how the Lord thinks on that. I wonder if Jesus asked us to give the people a bit or not. Did he say you give but not to the beggar who asked us to give? I remember in Chicago when I was with a friends of mine and she was asked and gave some cash. I think it is something we ought to pray about and stuggle with and not ask but obey the Lord in this command.
I say play it safe and maytbe have a bit in your pocket for those times in your life when you might need to give a bit.

21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”[2]

Jesus made this demand to a ruler but are we willing to do the same? Does our stuff matter if the Lord askes you to give it to the poor and live in a place that is not all that rich? I wonder sometime who and what own me my stuff or the Lord. I am not that rich in the world’s eyes but do I handle my cash like I ought to or do I waste it. God does want us to enjoy the fruits of our labor and such. If you’re working and not enjoying life and some things maybe your not following the Lord right. You work and earn cash. It is ok to take cash and use it for playtime; I think God wants us to after we take care of the things we are asked to take care of. Yes give the Lord something but also pay yourself because you worked hard for your cash. I am going to the big city overnight and I am not gulty over it. I earned the cash to go and I am going.

Matt 24 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’[3]

This is going to be at the end and Jesus is going to ask if you helped the poor. I think we are going to be known in heaven for the things we did for the poor. I do think what you do with Jesus is tied to what you did for the poor. Some try to tell me this is for the times in the end and I say no it is for here and now. I think it is a job of folks and ours to feed the people and to give things to cloth the naked and to visit the sick that are not well off.

Is that not what this life is for?
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c198
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?