Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

tithing

It is a night I need to just reach for the bible and hunker down. It is so amazing that Our Lord saved people. I mean look at me and the sin I do in a typical night and day and then I got and I want to fall into Jesus arms and sleep. I mean we re such wicked people even in the church and yet Jesus stands in heaven pleading my case and asking God to help me and be on my side. What a awesome Lord of love I have. If Jesus did not run my life or was a part I have n o idea who or where I would be except a man in trouble headed to hell. If you do not know the Lord and your maker its time to just get into the family and get life forever and heaven and all he is going to bless you with and then I want to obey Jesus and do what he wants me to do because he is my life and king.

4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
[1]

I am not a tithe man but this makes me want to think it over. What if I just obeyed Jesus and gave the tenth and let the Lord bless if he wants. It to me is important to handle my money to the Glory of Jesus. It is the best thing to give the Lord the first part but I am not good at that. I need to just give and see where I am in 6 months. I never seem to have cash for the Lord and he gives me all I have. It might be something you can pray for me all the time that I would be a giver to Jesus and my faith.
One good reason to tithe or give to the local church is to pay the pastor and submit to him. If we all gave our best to first off the entire local church and then to missions Christians would have so much power to feed the poor and the needy. I think it shows also your giving is showing your commitment to the church you go to and then helping them to reach out is the key thing. Note that this is a reason Abe gave to submit to the people above himself. It is important to set aside cash to love Jesus and remember that if you Love Jesus your going to love him with your heart and soul and mind. I need to love the Lord in my cash and love him more in all aspects of my life.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?