Friday, May 05, 2006

 

lots of stuff

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
[1]


I was going to nail something here tonight and I forgot what it was so I am not going to. Hey I will have to nail you people next time on the things I was going to nail on you tonight. I am reading the word in the morning to now just to get more of it in. I am in the Macarthur one-year bible and that is so I can get some more of the bible into me. Hey I need the entire book and I need lots of it. So I listen to a sermon a day and I study here on a little passage and I listen to the book at night. I am not boasting I am just needing to get close to Jesus and the Lord is the source of any success I am going to have and knowing that is a good thing.

Erin a friend of mine who I never chat with had a great game last night scoring 13 and she keeps that up she’s going to be another person who can share more of the Lord with kids and fans and than Jesus gets more of the credit. We all who read this want one thing and that is a sold out life that honors the Lord so others see it and go to the Lord and get saved and fall in love with Jesus and inurn make him known. I am so proud of myself when one who wants me to stop trusting the Lord on the issue of creation tried to get me to argue I said there is not a need to because we do not agree on the topic. I am not here to give my time to folks that are not willing to trust Jesus and are open about it. Love them and we need to go for them but forget it if they cannot give Jesus a chance. Prayer for them is the key.

Photo rule here on my blog if you see you and want a free thing email me or comment so I make sure your ok if you see things not needed to be here comment on here or whatever. I am fair and fun and if I like you I will get on it. All comments are going to remain on if they are not degrading my views or me. I will clearly explain any comments deleted and I want the folks at grace to know all comments are now ok under the rules. Break rules and comments are gone. Ron wants me to shorten my posts and I am not like that so sorry about that.

It would mot be a good blog without a time in the bible. In my series in Hebrews we are at one of the hardest chapters in the bible. I really want to run something on your salvation is forever but I am not going to for one reason I think Hebrew 6 is not the chapter you ought to use to say you can lose salvation. If I start getting comments to say you can I will nail the salvation thing. I might ruin a couple of the things I did on that anyhow soon. I want to move on and work out the next section tonight.

Hebrews 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.[2]

Here is a thing on hearing the truth and then rejecting it. You go to a meeting with a friend and you hear the Good news of the love of Jesus and go forward on a wim and “accept Jesus”. For a few days you start reading the bible and maybe go to a service or 2 at church. Then your pal wants to go and do some drinking and you give in and do it and your walk is gone. Are you saved? I do not really know but my sis as a kid had the walk and talk. She got out of school and to this day I talk to her a little and I am not certain if she is going to be in heaven. I do not know if it is possible to just make a emotional call at a meeting and then not be in the faith a month or a year later and be saved. I think it is not my job to judge but if you “find Jesus “ your life is going to reflect it and your going to change because Jesus is going to do it for you. Look at the text tonight and see the thing is burned in the end. I was like that but I wanted a life in Jesus that is going to produce fruit. I want to encourge folks to live all out for Jesus and I want to live all out for the rest of my life for Jesus but the thing is I am not able to live because it has to be the Lord living in me to be fit. I am a man that needs to always be ready to live out for Jesus and see me decrease and him increase.

At times I see the walk harder and sometime I see it as easy. I do not have to worry for things I depend on Jesus hopefully for all in life. I do not depend on self because I am nothing but on Jesus who told me to not worry about things because Jesus said he knows the birds and takes care of them and I am a child of the Lord I have worth over a bird. I still work hard and look for things the Lord is asking me to do. I took a second job because I think that is Gods way of providing for me. I did not take it for the cash but I took it because I am needy and I want to provide. Jesus gave it to me and maybe it is for something I need. He is the one that provides and I need to care for the things he gives and be smart in money.

I hope Jesus is blessing you ‘

Shadman

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?