Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

live and work for Jesus alone

9 But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.[1]

Lets see a few things in tonight’s passage. Look at the but beloved. In the last part of Hebrew we went in the hardest part of the book and the most meat in the book. I think Paul has changed his focus in 9. He is talking to the Christian and how he wants them to know they are saved. And you can know your saved and rest in it 1 john 5 13 it states you know your saved. It is not how you deal with man-made churches and rules because they fail like mad. If your church is not perfect join the club because there is not a church that is. If your pastor said at anytime he is the only good church in a town run and have nothing to do with that church. Back to the point if your saved your salvation is forever and your going to live for Jesus because that is where he wants you.

We are to keep working hard to show we are saved and God is going to give you back many times what you gave to him. He is going to shower you with blessings in him. I am not talking about blessing of cash or good things. Matter of fact if that is what you are longing for your not learning that we are not of the world but we live to find riches in Jesus and the next life. I am not working for my life here I am and ought to be living for the heaven and beyond.

How does it look like? Are we sharing the faith and getting others into heaven or not? Are we giving to the work of souls? Are we learning to obey instead of sacfice. I got that one hit to me this last week I am not obeying where I need to in Jesus and I need to walk closer to him. Are we encouraging each other. I think one of my goals is to find a brother or two to walk with in the Christian life for 2 reasons. One is to share my pain and the other is to learn to help and encourage him to live hard for the Lord. I got a couple I already work with and I am going to learn to walk with them and help them to walk. We need to plan to walk with the Lord till the end. I hope 10 years from now I am still reading the bible and talking to others and on the path for Jesus. I do need to take it one day at a time but I never want to walk from the Lord because he means so much to me in life. It is not a sprint the life I live is one where I want to learn to impress one person and that is Jesus, the rest of you really count but Jesus is the one I am going to face to give my account and he is the rule giver and the one that is going to ask me if I lived for him or others,

1 Live for Jesus not for your friends to people please because in the end Jesus is the one that you need to please for your reward in heaven. If you obey him the Lord is going to bless you and make you more like him and the obey is to submit to him and his commands and loving care
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?