Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

king james

-I am reading the thing you asked me to read. I do not think the KJV is writen at a 9th or 10th grade level. Maybe if one did well in reading and your right on on the tapeps so that is not a excuse I am going to use. I am not thinking it is wrong to change things around top make the consepts more complete. I guess then one can argue they are talking the qword out of the mouth of God but if you uses the KJV and the strongs to see the greek then your going to find EVERY WORD IS infact in the nkkjv. Keeping the thees and the thus are good to make Jesus king and to make the bible majetic and God holy. I like what he states on the strongs. I use it all the time in my studies of the bible no matter the verison I am reading because it is the greek and hebrew I am after.
Over all the points in David thing are good
You said
if one is serious about
finding out the truth and sits down and compares several versions side by
side, they will find that in many verses the meaning of that particular
verse is different in each version.... or some verses are completely
missing.\If you look at the niv footnotes and the strongs your going to see what is taken out and why. Example Acts 8 37 id not in some bibles. I am not kidding but WHY? Is this someone trying to take the good news out of God word It was not found in the oldest copies of the bible and if you ask a expert on the topic it really is not going to fit with the context. Most thuink this is stuck in to make the bible sound better. I have spoke to at least 5 schoolars on this so trust me.
I am not of the thinking any bible is good and any church is good either. I am in a solid bible church that teaches the bible and I listwen to at least 4 sermons on my own and I have a blog. I do think problems arise in the bibles of today and I do not think a serious bible student is going to tolerate some of the trash this day that are called bibles. I do not like the niv to be honest I only like the nkjv and the kjv. I study the nkjv and will use others to see what they say but for serous study nkjv and the kjv strongs is where I go and if the truth is known I think the kjv is the best and final word to me.
I hope I have stayed on issue and have not offended you. I consider you my brother in Jesus and I do lean baptist on many areas. Bible wise I think we are very close on with a minor issue on the kjv that I am able to look at your side and agree.
Love you in Jesus
shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?