Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

hebrews 9 the old

I am getting a few more readers and the Lord knows who you are and I know who some of you are. Like I know Dan reads this and either Jason or Shelly reads this. So I had better be fun to read or I am going to lose you. Please do not stop reading this. I need all of you to read this and to tell all the people you know so I am able to boast thinking maybe something I say might make one person happy. I am not sure God is going for happy I think he is going for Joy and trusting and obeying him. It to me is not about being happy if it means I am not a part of Gods work. Jesus love for me is where I want to rest not in a happy place. Blessed is the place I want to be and that comes only from the hand of Jesus. Without Jesus I wish people were not happy because Jesus is the place every person needs to get to. I do not think happiness is a good thing if your outside of the family of Jesus because the path your on is not going to end up in happy land it is going to end in hell. Pastor said it on Sunday and I am going keep reminding you all that the bottom line is a life without Jesus ends in hell. It is a sad day when a person that has not made peace with Jesus is going to die and face him. It is all over this blog. It is not a fun thing to cover but it is the bible and I am ready to live that book out and to be honest I am not going to allow my life to leave the Lord Jesus and I am narrow and I am a bit hard but Jesus is the only way truth and life and comment all you want that is the truth. If your life is in the Lord you ought to be thrilled and running all over as happy as you can be because Jesus lives and heaven is your home and if you do not have Jesus and have rejected the Lord you ought to be afraid to die and doing all you can to stay alive and out of hell.

Heb 9 6 Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing the services. 7 But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people’s sins committed in ignorance; 8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. 9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience— 10 concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation.[1]

It is good to work on this part of the bible because when I see it all fits together I can see the whole and know God wrote it. In 7 the concept is key to the whole thing and if we do not understand the blood and the reason we are going to not get this book. On one day out of the year in the old times the priest would go and make a sacrifice for sin. He would kill a perfect lamb and then take the blood out of it and pour it into the alter and then the sins were for a time taken care of. Jesus on the very day of the atonement went and gave his blood for the sins of mankind forever and ever. He on the cross shed his blood for all sins and God did not even look at him and took the sin of the saved and Jesus paid for it on the cross. All the old things point to Jesus who became the only payment for your sins. If you read the book of Lev. And you ought to so you see this your going to find the way God had to do it until Jesus and if you get a Macarthur bible you are going to have a value packed tool to understand this.
Here is a sermon that kind off paints what I want to
http://my.execpc.com/%7Ecrnrstn/sermons/lev4.htm
It talks about how Jesus fits the old Law and makes it new.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?