Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

Sing to love Jesus

Ok Here it is a rainy day here in the city of granite. It is a cold wet day but sometimes in life you got to have the wet rainy just yucky to breed the good and sunny. Jesus never said it was going to be easy and matter of fact if it is not hard sometimes I wonder if it is worth it. Is it worth it in good times without the yucky times? Last night I went and saw one of the smartest people I ever heard on the topic of creation and evolution. He is the kind of man I respect and I would love to listen to his talk on why the king James is right. I have been reading the Macarthur one year bible and in the book of Lev. God talks a lot about how he choose people in the priesthood to come ouyt and live a life not with the world but separated from the world. I think we need to separate to some things from the world but it can go overboard to.

I have been thinking about the issue of music and separating from the world and on to Jesus. I am never going to knock a style and if you do not agree with my thinking I want to explain where I am at on this issue. I like ccm but I really like good solid bible hymn singing sopranos. I love Robin Noel because she sings in a way that is no doubt is pretty and chanlages me in the presence of Jesus. I am not thinking that is your preface but it is mine. I am not going to burn any of my music but I am looking for high soprano singers out on the Net. I found a few great singers. Robin. Jenny Harding who is a good opera like singer, Jenny D who has the sweetest singing voice I have heard. Also there is a missionary to the far island in the pacific and she has a voice. If you know of any godly sopranos please e mail the names to me and if your not using the tapes they sing I am poor.
I wonder what the command of being separate means to you and how practly do you maintain this. To me I do think the church in general seem not to set apart things for the Lord to be holy and righteous. Yes we live in the world and I struggle with being a part of the world and not unto Jesus but sometimes I seem to not take the thing seriously and be holy. Now I am not trying to be a strict man on this topic I am just thinking about the people of God in Jesus seems in this day to not treat the Sundays like they did even when I was a kiddo. Back the whole town would shut down for church and going up the music in the church was lightly operatic and hymns. I am not knocking the praise I sing in church I am just wondering on the blog why is it different. Now I am in the Make a joyful noise part of the church but to me I wish music were classical sometimes. =I love the good singers singing specials and we do not have it at my home church. We have a praise band and sing more modern styles of hymns. I like both styles and I think both honor Jesus and we can sing whatever. We all as the saved ought to take singing in school and learn to be the best singers and hold notes in church all we can. People might listen to us and be encouraged in church

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?