Monday, April 17, 2006

 

SHort one tonght

I am listening to John Mac and his series on the killing of the Lord Jesus. It is a hard thing to think Jesus died a sinner’s death for us. He is not painted as a lovely death but Jesus died a horrid death so at the end he has the Glory of God.

Hebrews 4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”[1]
Therefore is something we need to look at what is said before the chapter in other places. Here it is talking about the rest of God and we know that is the place where we come into Jesus and enter the faith and it is heaven and the new life we hove in Jesus. We get new life the day we come to Jesus. We need to heed this warning in one and we need to not come short of the rest Jesus is going to give to us. Lets work to know our standing in the faith and make sure we are living our life’s for Jesus and not for ourselves. I am bad at this because I am so self-focused and I need to work on this. I need to be Jesus focused and know he is in me and I owe it all to him. It never hurts to test our lives and see if we are in the faith and if Jesus lives in our heart. Is the desire of my life to not sin and to see others do better than me? Am I in the bible every night and listening to the solid word or am I just coasting.
For me I want to learn the rest of the Lord and be in this bible more.
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?