Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Resting in Jesus

4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word, which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Rest in the Lords eyes is the topic tonight. So I want to intrude the rest we have in God and what we are resting from. I hit it the other night but I want to work on the concept more because it is key to this life and the next. So here is what rest is in Jesus. It is freedom from worry. Worry has to be the stupidest thing a Christian does. Jesus said not to do it and so does Peter in his book. Cast your cares on Jesus for he cares for you. Jesus said not even a bird falls without him knowing and we are far more than birds. If you Love Jesus you need not worry
We have peace with God and not war. Our war is over because Jesus won our freedom. He died so we can go free from the law. Yes we obey Jesus if we love him but in the Lord laws Grace holds us do not bind us. We are not guilty but free. We are not to be in fear of our Lord but confident in him knowing he has won the battle of death and we rest knowing our Salvation is all secure and yours. I nust say anyone that makes you doubt your salvation is a fool because one you got it you are held 100 percent forever.
We also need to trust the Lord for all our daily needs big and small. I need to pray more in thanksgiving and not take the blessings for granted. I am so bless even if I am poor I am rich in Grace and God takes care of all my needs. Food and clothes are so basic. Jesus takes care of my bike and bus pass and my ymca pass and tons of other things I take so much for granted.



4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

I want you to see the rest is not a worldly but it is the very rest of God. God rested on the 7th day and when Jesus got done with his work he rested by sitting in the throne room. So this is a rest that was given in the beginning of time with Adam and Eve. When they sinned they sinned and rest was not long theirs so they had to be restored to rest. We find the first real rest in entering the Land God gave to the nation. That was a start but not the rest we now have in Jesus.

6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”
I am going to a second page Ron sop shoot me and I am sorry. We need to enter the rest of God as it is still for us today. It is today that we mist enter because we do not have another day. It is today we must enter and find our faith and freedom in Jesus and not work because we have the work of Jesus to rest in. We have Peace in God, security in Jesus, so we need to live in a faith that shows we are not wimpy but strong in Jesus. Also let your life be one that is always seeking the softness of Jesus and make yourself ready at all times to seek Jesus and find him then make Jesus famous
Shad

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?