Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

hebrews 5

Got to say I got a bit of a st cloud fan club forming here. I think it is a good thing to be in my club. I hope I make you think and make you want to read my page and make comments or email me things. I am personal sometimes because I want you to know whats going on in my life and I also want you to know my heart and stuff. I want to also say I am not a pastor and the topic I do in the bible are only my thinking and Jesus might have me think sometimes not like your pastor so please read the things I type and do your own studies in the bible. I want that to be a thing where there is open and free talking. So I also like to put them things on here so new people going on this site know. This site is not free I ask you to give to a local food shelf or find a needy family and give them food. I am not just saying that I mean that. I want us to fight hunger even if you disagree with me hunger is big here so give something to feed someone else. E MAIL ME I have a free way you can do this.

Lets see how the Lord is going to move tonight in the word.

Heb 5 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.[1]

I wanted to hit the priesthood of Mel thing but I guess in seven we are going to hit it more. Mel was the priest back in the time of Gen. So I am not going to talk him up that much yet. Jesus was a high priest of his order and Jesus died and finished the whole system so Praise him for that and thank Jesus all the time for his care and love and who Jesus is. Paul here said it is hard to explain because the people are hard of hearing so we move to a passage I wish was not here but it is.

Hebrews 5 Spiritual Immaturity
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
The Peril of Not Progressing
6 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
[2]

I want to paint a little of a proder photo here and then come and break up this passage because it is one of the hardest in the whole bible. Knowing this is one passage that schools disagree on I wanted to lay a lot into this. I know this hits deep roots in the faith. I want to open saying this is not a passage that teaches you can lose your salvation in Jesus. Many think you can lose it or give it away and I say that is not where this passage is going and the book is going. IN 5 THE RUN UP Paul is talking to folks that ought to be more growing up in Jesus. We need to be growing up in the Lord and learning to teach and lead folks in hard bible studies. I know some church folks do not read the word and do the work it takes to know the book. I know the bible is not God but it is a major thing in the life of the Christians and we need to be in that book a lot more than we are. I need to get meat and not milk from the bible. It takes time to want to get milk out of the Lord and if you’re a young one in Jesus you need the milk more than the meat. You need to be loved by the family and grow to. I am talking about you that are in the faith and are working to know Jesus deeper in some ways I want to say we all need to rest and let the Lord Jesus work in us to grow us. So if you got saved in the last 5 years as I have maybe we ought to learn we are little and let others help up grow deep. But yet I knew the bible before well. So I really think I am in need of meat.

What are the basics to me? 1 Jesus loves you is first and foremost. I think that is the most important thing to learn. 2 The Gospel and how to know your saved. 3 How to be in a good solid church and how to be a part of the body. 4 How to pray in a way that Jesus hears you. 5 the basics of the bible and how to read it. On this I have good teaching. I also think you learn the best by bible journaling like I do here.

He might also be after the folk that have degrees in the bible and do not know Jesus as the Savior and king. I think that was me at times. It is important to know the Lord Jesus. SO here is that for you. Here is what you need to know to be saved. A Admit you’re a sinner. Sin is breaking any command of God in where in the bible. If you told a lie or stole a piece of gum you sinned. If you told one lie or cheated one time on your wife you sined. So you need to know the problem is you cannot see heaven or enjoy life here in Jesus if you sinned one time. 2 Believe in Jesus. He was Gods Son who came and loved you so you can have life. But he had to die to pay for your sins. If you were not to say you’re a sinner Jesus cannot help you. Sin is paid for in Jesus or by you in hell forever. So Jesus died for your sins and came back to life on the third day to prove he was and is God.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
Nice post.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?