Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

confessing sin

Ok Ok Ok I am not leaving you fans. Wow you wanted me here and I am going to be here for a long time. I am going to be on for as long time and that is finial. I am never going to leave you blog people ok> I am going to stay on and hope you all keep reading this because I want to do what I do. I want to honor Jesus and write out things I am learning and not stuff to downgrade anyone. If I use this to go after people I will fail in my mission. I am in recovery mode. I think the first thing I need to do is honestly take a loo9k at where I am with others and the Lord. I was told that maybe I was not in sin over matters. I know I need to not agree. I did not do things right and trying to divide a church however right it seemed was not righteous. I did not agree with the church but that is not right to go off and get even. That is not my church and I am not Jesus. I think I was in sin and I am not going to do it.

SO I am going to be asked what sin have I done? Here is the things I think I did and the reasons. I did not obey MY pastor be contacting people. I trust him and love him yet did not obey him. Its kind of like slapping him in the face and that I did wrong. Alone that sin sparks so much of this mess. AM I sorry for inviting a person to church I am because I was not to talk to the person. SO I sinned there. While I am listing sins I did say things about hating others and that is a sin and a biggie. I ought to get under authory of the church and learn to get right. Now some are going to think I am wrong to confess sins in a public area. But the sins I think were as such as I need to confess them so folks know or have a chance to know that I am taking steps to get it right. Here are some verses you can see of why I am taking this step on the blog. We are to confess our sins to each other so we can find healing. I need to gain healing and forgiveness. Also in the 12 steps we are to seek forgiveness where anything is wrong another person. If one is to right before the Lord he must be right in the sins. I must do this. I want to say I am doing my part in getting the thing right. I think that my part is to do the work

Here is what confess is

© 1999 James A. Fowler
You are free to download this outline provided it remains intact without alteration. You are also free to transmit this outline electronically provided that you do so in its entirety with proper citation of authorship included.
CONFESSION OF SIN
I. Biblical statements.
A. General. Lev. 5:5 - "he shall confess that in which he has sinned" Numb. 5:7 - "he shall confess his sins..., make restitution..." Prov. 28:13 - "he who confesses and forsakes his transgressions will find compassion." Acts 19:18 - "many kept coming and confessing and disclosing their practices." James 5:16 - "confess your sins to one another" I John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins." B. Examples. Ps. 32:5 - "I acknowledge my sin to Thee...I will confess my transgressions to the Lord." Ps. 38:18 - "I confess my iniquity" Isa. 6:5 - "Woe is me...I am a man of unclean lips" Luke 15:21 - "I have sinned against heaven and in your sight" Luke 18:13 - "God, be merciful to me, the sinner!"
II. Defining confession.
A. Greek word homologeo means "to say the same thing," to agree, concur. B. What confession of sin is NOT: 1. Informing a human priest in the confession booth. 2. Giving God information. "God, You won't believe what I've done." 3. Speculating. "IF...I have sinned..." "I have...." 4. Saying "I'm sorry..." "....just a joke!" 5. Asking/pleading to God for forgiveness for our sins. Forgiveness already available in Christ's death. 6. Plea-bargaining for a lesser charge. "Yes...but...." 7. Emotional groveling; mental contortions. 8. Psychological catharsis. "Feel good when you get it off your chest" 9. Superficial or flippant incantation. (Sin was reason for Jesus' death). 10. "Confessionalism" - (Excessive sin-consciousness; wallowing in weakness; focusing on 'flesh'; navel-gazing introspection; "Worm-theology"; Pride of sinfulness; back-handed basis of spirituality; exhibitionism; revel in relating sinfulness in testimony; Who was the worst?) 11. Based on false established attitudes, which create false-guilt and false-confession. Some try to agree with God that something is wrong, when God never said it is sin. But, if not done in faith, it is sin. (Rom. 14:23).


Here is what confess
C. Confession is...
1. Ceasing to deceive ourselves - I John 1:8
2. Ceasing to continue the defense mechanisms of denial, avoidance, distortion, cover-up.
3. Calling sin "sin." Calling a spade a spade!
4. To recognize, admit, acknowledge, concede and declare our guilt of sin.
5. Part of repentance. A change of mental attitude leading to changed behavioral action.
6. Inclusive of asking forgiveness for wronging another person.
7. Inclusive of restitution - Numb. 5:7; Lk. 19:8

Comments:
God has never left you Shad, no matter what other might say.

Peace.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?