Friday, April 21, 2006

 

The bible

Hey world hows it going and where in the bible are your working on. I mean it we all need to be in the bible and learning something new all the time or at least in the bible. It might be a habit you need to learn but it is a greater habits to take up amd as a person of faith it is important to read it daily and study it. I try to read it in the evening and do my study in the bible then.

Tonights bible passage is on the bible itself and in a way I wish and I might stop here and do a bunch of days on the bible but I am not sure that is where I am going to go with it.

Hebrews 4 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I want to react on this verse alone for tonight and I want us to think about what happens when we read the pages of the bible. The bible is an alive book first. The words are not just words they come from a amazing Lord that influence each one of them. God’s word is alive and it is also because when you read it God is feeding you truth of what it is you need. God uses the bible to show you that we need Jesus and we need God to grow every single day. The bible is sharper that any sword and it cuts it down to who we are as a sinner and if we Know Jesus it shows who we are in Jesus. The words have the power to save you from forever hell or send you there. No other book has the power to tell you who you are and effect your forever. The bible divides the soul and the spirit the thoughts and the intent of all that we ever do. And Jesus is going to use that to put us where we are going to spend forever. The bible is a mirror into our soul and everything we do is judged in the bible.

Here are some Quotes about the Bible
a. Patrick Henry, who said: "The Bible is worth more than all other books which have ever been printed." b. Charles Dickens, who wrote: "The New Testament is the very best book that ever was or will be known in the world."
1. John Quincy Adams, the sixth president of our country, once stated... "So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year." 2. George Muller, who established many orphanages throughout England, said... "I believe that the one chief reason that I have been kept in happy useful service is that I have been a lover of Holy Scripture. It has been my habit to read the Bible through four times a year; in a prayerful spirit, to apply it to my heart, and practice what I find there. I have been for sixty-nine years a happy man; happy, happy, happy."

Comments:
I love George Muller!
His stuff has impacted me in such a deep way, I don’t think I even understand it. I have read most of his books and have been so encouraged by his personal walk with Jesus. He was something special.

I am a musician and GM has inspired many of my songs. I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought that I’d share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
“All my music is free for download.”
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?