Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

james

Shadman-
I just got your message this morning. Shadman, even since I first have known you I have seen spiritual growth in your life. The scriptures in 2nd Corninthians at the end of the book talk about the fact that we are called to examine ourselves. Which you should. The encouraging thing is that I see fruit in your life. Shadman, you love people and you love the Lord.
Shadman, please call me if you need to talk. I'm here for you. Hebrews chapter 6:17-20 says "In the same way God, desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of his purpose, interposed with an oath, so that by two UNCHANGEABLE THINGS IN WHICH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE, we who have taken strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us. This we hope we have as an anchor ! of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enter within the veil."
love, the mike hummer man

Allow me to thank you Mike for your honest comments.


James 11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?[1]

WE ARE NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS IN THE FAITH. Matter of fact if you do your making the laws of God applies to them and not you. If you want to not do the things Jesus asks you to do and point fingers that your being a sinner and you need to look at your life. It is ok to confront another Christian if they are in sin. BUT not in a mean way. It is ok to show a sin to a person and I welcome that in my life. Music is not a sin and drinking booze is not a sin you are to confront because it is a gray area. God never said your not to drink he made the stuff. He has said its not a good idea and not to get drunk. I might need to address that later. But I am saying the sin of rock music is not worth it and it is not a sin to dress like a slob. If it makes you stumble the fact I drink or listen to Petra I think I need to know and stop it.


[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
I understand.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?