Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

tame the touge

It is a bad thing to be in conflict as Christians. In the camp 2 friends of mine need to resolve the current conflict they are currently in. So if you are in conflict solve it. And if your asked not to email me do not do it. No more of this junk in the camp. It is hurting the Lord Jesus and I am sick of it. Give in something both of you and become friends. And stop sending things that are not good. Hunt is a jerk and I get his letter for my birdcage. I hate him. His teaching is anti Calvinism and I am into that. We are not going to return to Grace. I am moving on and so is Mr R. WE CHOOSE THE CHURCHS WE GO TO. They are all fine because God moves in many ways. We do not agree on things and that is good because God loves all of us and we are not perfect. NO church is perfect.


James 3 See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.[1]

I want to get back to the James study. I want to talk about the mouth. Friend we say tons of words in a day do we not. Many things we say we need not say. I talk tons about Jesus but sometimes I swear and say things that are not right. I preach and yet I say bad things. I was at church one time and a missionary said out of frustration the f word. I thought this is one man I can relate to because he is human. I am not saying that it is good to support the f word but we all have done many things and said things that we need to confess and go to Jesus and clean up. I am the first to say I am a sinner in this and I need to get right.

In this passage James makes some truth that we need to hear and that is our words are so important to watch. We seem to say things that hurt all people or type things that offend and break unity. Word do hurt others and friend we need to watch what we say. I am not going to pretend that I am able to tame something when I am so unable. We are never on our own going to tame our touge and we will not do it. If you’re mad because I say that then you failed to read this text. No man can tame his words. It is not possible to never say a bad word. I promise you in the next day you are going to sin 100 times. But what do we do?

What we cannot do is the work that Jesus has to do. All the way in this book I am showing you that the law is not something we are able to do. Works are a gift that Jesus gives you to honor his name. If you try and fail to keep the law of God and you will you need to focus on your love for Jesus and not this obey the law to be close to God? You are not going to be able to get to God by keeping a moral code. Did you get saved that way? No grace alone saved you and that grace is in Jesus alone. If you ever fail to know this your salvation is at stake. All of us bless the Lord in the church house and go home and say something you regret. If you got this thing down your in heaven. I know every friend I have fail in this tons. It is true. Before you email me and say I am wrong think of this your about to sin in this thing. God demands you keep the law all the time everyday and when you fail at one thing you lost all of the things in the law. If you badmouth any church at anytime you’re a sinner and you mock Jesus and his work. If one man got saved in any church you badmouth it you’re a sinner. If you badmouth any Christian for anything at anytime you sinned because you are badmouthing Jesus brother and I think that is going to be on your resume in the heaven job you want. It is so important for the conflicts to stop because they make God out to be a liar in that he loves you and forgave you a debt of billons and billons and someone is asking you to forgive a little 20-dollar sin debt. If your not going to forgive do not ever tell me to go do a good deed and skip church and find the person you offended and make it right. If you fail to forgive your sin makes it so Jesus won’t work with you and if you fail to forgive you’re spouse God is not hearing you. Has it ever dawned on people that when one is asking to grow a church and it is not growing the people are not forgiving?

I want to make it clear that if your heart is not forgiving You need to make it right. It might be your not in Jesus and your not saved. Jesus does not make junk and he wants you to make him Lord of your life. Go to the how do I know I am saved and play the intro. I urge you to go there and make sure your saved. If you think you’re saved and hold any bitterness I ask you to think of Jesus and follow the plan and make it right. If Jon does go to a church you think is right you need to love him and make it right and if you cannot then might I ask you if your saved?

Please make it right and know Jesus lovers you and wants you to love him.
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
Shadman,

You wrote "If you try and fail to keep the law of God and you will you need to focus on your love for Jesus and not this - 'obey the law to be close to God'? You are not going to be able to get to God by keeping a moral code. Did you get saved that way?"

I will not say you are wrong, instead I will say have you been reading Galatians? Chapter 3 and verses 1-3, specifically?

God says, "Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ's death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You recieved the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. How foolish can you be? After starting you Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?" - NLT

Sounds like you have a very intimate relationship with Jesus. Don't doubt it!

Your Friend
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?