Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

Lets honor the Lord Jesus

I want to talk a bit about the LA thing. I want to move there for a few reasons. I want to go to Grace church and be under the teaching of John Macarthur. I really think he is a great bible teacher and that church takes the bible serious and he gets the truth out of the bible. It is funny that so many conservative churches seem to name him a awesome bible teacher. I have sat in good teaching. Dan Clausen was my pastor and Art Cotant is my pastor. All pastors that held the bible in high regard. I have been to places that got it wrong. The entire TBN TV network gets it wrong as well as many places. I want to live in a place where I can bike all year long and where it is warm. I want to live in a place that I am able to get bible classes I can trust. I cannot trust most places here. I mean one place teaches the bob Jones series and that school is not to me trustworthy. And Granite City is a place that tries to suck you in to their church. Not good. I want to move to a place that is going to make me learn a new system of getting around. It would be a fun thing. I want to live where I am able to work in the inter city and share Jesus with a good church. I want to live in a place of change and where I can make a new life that takes time and LA is a good place to do it in.

Lets take the Bible and lets nail some food out of it

James 4 1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
Lots of convicting things I need to talk on in this passage. Wars and fights are not from the Lord. People that are in one church seem to want to start fights because there is a difference of music or one might not see the bible verse the way another does. I am a fighter of teaching the bible rightly and telling folks that what you think about some topics matter. I think that once you ask Jesus into your heart Jesus keeps you forever. I know people and love them that have a view that you can give away Jesus and become unborn and end in hell. I just think that is something we as the saved need to fight for. I think that fights break out because folks get lazy and do not read the word and pray. When I got saved in 2001 I was drilled to read the bible and know it and live it. Erin said if she never talked to me again that I just keep reading the bible everyday. I have read the bible and study it tons.
We ask for things that make us feel good and not to honor Jesus and his word. Jesus asked us to pray for the workers of the harvest and I wonder if we do. Do we seek Jesus and forget the billions that never had the bible and do not have a way to know Jesus Love for them. We need to ask for the Lords will in our life’s and do it. Want more cash because of selfish reasons or do I ask for my person needs. If your not getting your prayers maybe the Lord wants you to pray for others and missions or give more. Maybe it is not right between you and the Lord or another person. Have you got all that sin confessed and things worked out between you and our Lord? If not then make it right.
4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?
I need to work on this myself and think what is of the world and what is not. I think we are not separated like we ought yet I also think we need to be there for the world and serve them so they make Jesus Lord. If we worship the world system we make Jesus nothing like he needs to be. Is it world like to like music that is not Christian? I do not see it that but if the Lord Jesus asked me to give it up, I would because I love him tons and he owns my life. If Jesus told me to stay here and not move I would. Jesus Love is enough for me to live on and I want to love him. I want to make Jesus famous and myself nothing unless Jesus gives me a platform/

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
“God resists the proud, But gives grace to the

Comments:
Good thoughts. On the music subject:

Praise God in His sanctuary;
praise Him in His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power;
praise Him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet.
praise Him with the harp and lyre,
praise Him with tambourine and dancing,
praise Him with the strings and flute,
praise Him with the clash of cymbals,
praise Him with the resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

I wonder if not tilling up the ground of our hearts, makes our worship stagnate sometimes. Sometimes we forget how to truly praise the Lord.

Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Live Out Loud" tells us to get it out. Not how to do it, but to do it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?