Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Draw near the your Father God

KELLY CLARK, US SNOWBOARDER"Having a relationship with God has been more joyful and more fulfilling than anything snowboarding ever was. It's given me a whole new perspective on these Games. I'm coming back now with nothing to prove, with total peace and knowing that the Lord has blessed me."

http://www.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=784546

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and morn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.[1]

Here is a passage that is going to be a long talk maybe. I need to start out in the first part of the passage and I might not get out of it because it is loaded. Submit to God. It is a loaded thing to submit to God but yet if you do not your never going to grow in him. If you are not going to submit your life to Jesus why even get saved? It is a awesome thing to know the God that made all to know he Loves you more you can imagine. SO what is to submit. It is to be under the lead of. I think I need to be in the leading of Jesus and what he has planned for my life. I need to be in his word all the time and know his heart. If I know the Lord I am going to want to know all the more of him and it is never ok to stop knowing the Lord because he is so huge that I think you cannot know him all in a week. It will take forever to learn of him in heaven.

We are to resist the devil and he will flee. We are not to sit and tell the devil to flee of command him to leave. We are to not give him the time of day. Who are we to curse the devil or ask him to leave us. Jesus never tells us to do that. I know of preachers that make folks tell things to the evil one. We are to go to God and draw closer to him. What a wonderful thing to draw near to Jesus and his goodness and love. What a wonderful thing to worship and gain from know Jesus and growing deep in his word. But the closer you get the more you know you are not worth anything to Jesus and the more temptation and deeper the Lord goes to clean you of sin. It is not a easy thing to get closer to the Lord because he is going to convict you and work you.

Here are some passages to thinmk on. Make some comments on the passages

Psalms 73 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works.[2]

Psalms 84 2 My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.[3]
Psalms 63 1 O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory.[4]
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[4]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?