Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Christian and entertainment

Sometimes on this I never know what I am going to write. I am going to take a trail for a week or whatever. I want to work on the list I found last night and ask some things and see where it goes. I want to say what as Christians ought be in the area and maybe suggest on grey thing what to react. I am going to lay my thoughts out and let the chips fall on both sides. We will not agree on the topics and I want to think the topics over and write my thoughts and then see where you think on the things and then see if I need to change and change things

Here is tonight’s topic and thoughts

ENTERTAINMENT-movies, TV, cards, pool, paintball, computer games, places togo No r rated movies, No shows with junk in them, computer games are not to have shooting in them or fighting. Go places where Jesus can go.
Movies. I like them. I go to them when I am able and I like to see good movies. I love to go for a hour and escape things and see the chacters do the thing they do. I go to all kinds of movies. I love the Back to the Future movies and I like star wars. I went to movies like con air and air force one and love good action. I do not like swearing in the movies and I do not care for the movie that is not telling a good stories. I went to Austin Powers and one of the deacons was there and laughed just as hard as I did on the jokes. I asked a friend in Jesus and she told me go to movies you can take Jesus to. Jesus is there with you. It is not even a sin to go a see a movie. I have been in movies I have walked out of. I have been in some I did not walk out that I should of. I think movies are ok and going to them is good and fun. I have got into more spiritual talk over the Passion of the Christ and some have had my Gospel given to them. IF ONE PERSON GOT SAVED THAT MOVIE IT IS ALL-OK.

TV I watch lots of sports and news. I also like survivor and all are fun. E R is a show I get into and the show brings up morals all the time and they are fun. I love home improvement, clean and funny. I like the dukes of hazard to. SO I do not think a Christian has to not have a TV. If I had a kid they would not watch it till they are older. I won’t let cartoon into my home for kids.

Cards I love crib ridge a card game. Hearts is a good game to. I heard some try to make card to be anti Jesus, which to me is not right. I have been able to fellowship with the non-saved in card games. It is all about getting the gospel to people and playing cards opens doors.

Computer games are allowed to. Play them and witness to friends. Play clean games like Motorcar racing or madden 2006. All good things. I play about 2 games a year. I am old school in games. Love older games because they are easier for me on a computer. Party poker is fun and I play it and bet fake cash. I am ahead on that thing by the way.

I want to leave this. Do all you do for Gods Glory. If you play a game play to win and do not cheat. If you make a bet and lose pay it. If you land on park place you do whatever to stay in the game. If you play hearts do not cheat and bet a hand you do not have. I think if your playing horse with friends and you know you have hors then play hare not to lose. It is a good thing to keep the golf score right. Use your love when you lose a game of tic tac toe. Play right and no cheating. No bad mouthing anyone you lost to. Shake hands and move on when you pal bowled a 256 and you got a 70.

Do all for Jesus shad

Comments:
No cheating?!?

But what abou the former governor's wrestling comment,
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!"

Nuts. I'll have to start playing Uno within the rules. Odd thing is, the rules say that if you ain't caught, it's okay. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?