Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Bible study time

http://www.angelfire.com/va/sovereigngrace/the.world.html

http://www.preacherscorner.org/dave4.htm

http://www.theocentric.com/theoarchives/000286.html
Here is a list of passages for us to consider in the worldliness saga. I gave a couple of hours of looking I honestly did not find this topic easy. I am making lots of statements on my thinking and to be honest I cannot say I am sure what to read into the following. I am going to go though the words her of God and maybe this will help. I want your thoughts on all of this.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate theone, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one,and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."Matthew 6:24, KJV
Ok you want to serve the Lord you cannot serve money. People say that they want to make lots of cash and not think of the Lord. I think you need to be willing to give anything for the Lord Jesus. We are not to love anything over Jesus and if we do we ought to change that. If I love Jesus nothing else is going to matter cause your going to be in him forever. How is my love for Jesus? It is my love for Jesus that I am going to be looked at.


"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: butbecause ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you outof the world, therefore the world hateth you."John 15:19, KJV

We are not a part of the things of the world. That is a good thing because one day Jesus is going to burn everything in the world up. So the first thing I think is finding the things that burns and do not love them. All the things are going to burn are with nothing and the things that burn. So what is going to burn? Money is going to burn. Sex is going to burn. Things burn like the new car and the nice home. If it is going to burn do not love it.
Here Jesus chose you to not be in the world so why do we act like we need to be in the world. Why do we spend time on things that are going to burn when Jesus wants to give things you can keep and one of the things you keep is what you gave to his work? Like church or missions or to the poor ect. If you’re saved by the way and do not feed the lost food they are not going to care about your message. I want to get into homeless work somehow as a mission because Jesus told me that is what I to do.

"And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for thefashion of this world passeth away."1 Corinthians 7:31, KJV


"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at thethings which are not seen: for the things which are seen aretemporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."2 Corinthians 4:18, KJV

We have to live for a unseen Lord. I wonder if we comprehend this truth. We live for a person no one has seen and we have a book that all think that is a revealing of God. Many folks do not get this is all you need to grow. We think it is something in the world we need but it is not. World is passing away and that is the truth. Culture is passing only the saved are moving to Jesus. We got to get them won to Jesus.
I spent over 4 hours on this I need a break

Comments:
Good.
And well though out.

Thanks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?