Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

The baptist are fighting but lost

g In January of this year, Jack Graham, president of the Southern
Baptist Convention, said it is wrong to "get all uptight about the
kinds and styles of music" in the church. Speaking at the Mississippi
Evangelism Conference in Tupelo, Graham said: "I don't care if you're
singing Southern gospel, classical hymns or contemporary songs in
praise and worship--if it's about Jesus, I get excited about it"
(AgapePress, Jan. 31, 2003). He said he is tired of the "worship
wars" and that it is time to stop debating music and worship styles.

Apparently Graham would not have any walls of separation in regard to
music. The only danger that he sees is the danger of division.

I have some questions for Pastor Graham.

Shouldn't we analyze what "Jesus" or what "spirit" or what "gospel"
the music is presenting (2 Cor. 11:1-4), and by so doing, doesn't
that create divisions and disturbances in the churches? Are you
saying that such divisions and troubles are wrong, even though the
Bible commands us to do that very thing?

Cloud I went over this. Music is the first thing people divide over in thhe church this day. And the worldly thig is a crock. Bible stands silent on this thing you like to say. Matter of fact your in sin if you keep it up. Love for good music is not a sin. Bapitists and extremes ones go to that. Most other Christians do not care what your propaganda


As the Bible contains many warnings against worldliness, is it wrong
for God's people to try to apply those warnings to music? Does that
not result in debate and even division? Is such debate and division
wrong, even though it is the Bible itself that contains those
warnings?

It to me is personal how you apply worldlness. I apply it in my own way. We do not debate this anymore we have our views and they are good. Its so much better to let a family think it over. I am not going to ever come to your side I am going to take your side and gut all its false truths. You mis the messages in the bible on worldlness and I find your stuff rash and wrong.

Similarly, as the Bible contains many warnings about end time
apostasy, is it wrong for God's people to apply those warnings to the
field of Christian music? And does such application not result in
debate and even division? Is such debate and division wrong, then,
even though it is the Bible itself that contains those warnings?

And as the Bible says we are to make a distinction between that which
is spiritual and that which is carnal, that which is holy and that
which is unholy, is it then wrong for God's people to seek to apply
such an important Biblical truth to music?

Yes it is because your stand is not the right one. Fine in your church have a stand but do not make me listen to it. I am not going to stop my music stand and go to your bapitst church because of your stand on music. I am going to run and take my friends with me that have the same mind on this.

I have one more question. If a preacher, having prayed about and
studied the subject earnestly, is convinced that God has led him to
take a stand against certain kinds of music that he believes are
wrong and hurtful to the testimony of Christ and the purity of the
churches, should he keep his mouth shut merely for the sake of peace
and to please those who think the area of music is a non-issue?

Your study is trash to me and my friends. People are hitting this page in record numbers and think I am right on in most of what I am saying. I think Mr C you are not going to win me or my pals over in anything because you’re a



If someone knows Jack Graham, please give him these questions and ask him to answer them.

I am Jack graham

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
They preach from the pupit and teach music is not rightous. I have seen more than one church get caught in this. I had a pal back in the 1990s that had a kid come to me and tell me music I like it bad.

I am not going to bad mouth churchs because I think God uses all churchs and baptist ones to. B ut I think he uses all demonations and all sects of his people. Calthlics feed many folks and Lutherns are awesome at world hunger. We need the evangelcals to fight for souls and baptists are need for some to find a family and hear the truth keep the rest of us on the narerow way. If it seems like I am double minded I am trying not to be. I want to express the faults of a systmem I almost got trapped in and MY prospective
 
I looked at a LOT of blogs. You know what I saw? People who post anonymously don't leave positive feedback. If someone finds some, let me know. I can't find any.

Saddened,

Ron
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Anonymous, you don't have to listen to the music. You have the right to disagree. You also need to read Romans 14. It applies to more than food.
 
If I were Satan, this is exactly the kind of non-issue I would get Christians to preoccupy themselves with.

Food for thought.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?