Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Jesus is the salvation and tunes

A friend last night said that the song like it love it and want more of it not a good son g because the son g id referring to sex. I think my friend is not right. It is a song that is talking about having a girl in his life and wanting to get more out of life. I think the Baptist are looking for reasons to make music bad. If you read the song you find there is not a sexual thing in it. Actually it talks about how he is going to change some habits to win the girl. People do not fall into this rock is evil trash because it is not evil. If the words are fine then I am on your side but I am not going to fall into the mindset that a guitar is evil or a dum is bad and is not right for church. I want to hear what you want to say on the music thing because it is a good thing to work out. I personally like all styles but when I am getting up for work I want to kick tunes that make me want to move. Dancing that is a big thing in places but not for me. I am not going to tell you to dance if your faith said you ought not. Masters College is a place where you sign a sheet and if you dance shame on you. I do dance to songs and I am not going to condemn it is also something I am not going to cut you out of my life over. Yet like I said if your church said do not dance you need to look at why. If your church said music is a issue I am wanting to know why. I have prayed about it and Jesus has not told me not to listen to music that I like and I do also read that dancing before the lord is ok. I need to say that you have the honor of your calls on this topic and if you disagree I want to know why.

I have made this decision that when I am in traveling I am not going to preach about Jesus or talk politics. I want to make this page open for people that will not come here and I am opening up to my family that will not read my site. I am doing that for them. If you want my bible thoughts I am going to run them on another site so you can read them. I am going to keep that up on another page because you need them to.

Hebrews 2 10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,[1]

I want to think about Jesus being the captain of our salvation. He founded it and began our salvation. He made it happen is the reason that we are saved and why salvation is what it is. If Jesus did not die salvation would not be possible and God would not saved us. I do not even think heaven would be possible because Jesus is the only way to heaven. I mean that. If our Lord did not die God would send every human to hell. No he did not love us enough to not seek us without the sins. He would not overlook his wrath on sin if Jesus would not die. Jesus is the originator of salvation. I am not going to say that God had another plan. Salvation is Jesus dieing for your sins and your trust in that alone.
Captain is a term I thin k about in a army sense. We are part of the army of Jesus is the highest one that drafts you into his family. Captain is a term that is used to speak of a sports team and the one that talks to the ref about things. Jesus talks to God on my behalf and because I am his Jesus demands my sins forgiven due to his payment on the cross and not due to any good in my life. Jesus is the one that finds me and saved me and in the end he owns my life and the other one does not have a chance to have me.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
Shadman,

Sing AND(?) dance to the Lord. Sound like you are a man after God's own heart.

When are you leaving for California? (I forget)

Ron

P.S. Don't forget to read my blog as well. I do enjoy yours.
http://www.zyxron.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?