Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

James do not make the poor a second thought

Here are some things I wanted to hear Bush say tonight. We are going to build 10 new oil factories and I want all of the oil from our land. Also I ask you congress to pass a bill that makes it ok to drill in all 50 states. I call you to pass a bill that will ban all forms of abortion. We need a bill to set a new plan to stop the people going over the Mexican boarder. We need a bill to stop sex outside of marriage because that is a great way to solve the aids

I tried to get on Jims blog tonight and it looks like I am not going to make it. But I am declaring I am making the move to Los Angles. I have prayed and I feel it would a good thing to move there and go to a good church that I agree with. Grace in LA is the best church I know of. I love Macarthur’s teaching and I think it is time I move there and serve them. I also like the fact I would have biking weather all year long and I have a better chance at a good bible education. I did a few classes from Bob Jones and I am not in agreement with them in areas. Churches are not easy to find. They are really dry in St Cloud. I like discovery but I just need more Church. I went to my church and did not hear much about the cross. U know I need to be reminded of the cross. I think my pastor is good in preaching but like I say not enough times to hear the word. Speaking of the word lets consider a part of it

James 2 My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. 2 For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, 3 and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him,
What would you do if a homeless man came into your church and sat next to you? How would we react? In the text tonight I think we are told how to react. We need to heed this folks and think about this issue I raise. We might need to look for the folks that might smell because they might need Jesus and if we tri to make their clothes a issue your going to lose them.
“You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” 4 have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?
I am not going to say that I have the excuse here to just go into a rage over myself and the way I used to dress but I could. I want to ask this. Am I ok with the people that do not look the part of a Christian or not. Had a gal at work that dressed weird but came to find out she loves Jesus. I looked at the outside and not the Heart. But I did not follow the bible here. Like how bout men that have long hair. Some think they are not right and I say to them to stop looking at the outside and start getting to know the heart of the man. Long hair is a issue at Granite City and it is not really a good thing to harp on. Friends I think it is not how one wear hair or what you wear, it if the king that is in the heart and the inside of you. Do you love Jesus with ALL YOUR HEART? I kinda hit this last night.
5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?[1]

What if the Lord made a poor man to get saved and you make him feel bad and he does not get saved. What a bad thing. You might have the next Billy Graham or John Macarthur in a unsaved state and because you failed to obey Jesus he does not get saved. Here is tonight’s though, Be good to the poor because God is with us and he saves no matter how poor you are
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
If you go, I'll miss you a lot.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?