Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

James and the heros of the faith to me

Time for the official newspaper of Shadman to go out. Listened to Grace tonight and the sermon were on how people need to find folks in the church that are FAITHFUL as a way to be faithful. To the Lord Jesus. I think of Ruth Allen who went for years to South America and shared Jesus with unknown folks. I think of Paul Minter who is serving the folks in the land of Papua so they can have the word of God in the native tongue. I think of Al Barth who helped run our church for all the years and now the new blood that is going to run the church and reach the word for Jesus. Jesus uses all kinds of people like Arlene and Gary who taught the nursery kids. Hero’s to me going out to reach folks for Jesus and allow him to use their lives. Tammy who is married and is in China telling the folks they need a Love in Jesus. Brad who wants to go and reach this land for Jesus and Jake who gav e his life for the Middle East. All to me hero’s of my faith. Who have shown me a love for Jesus that makes them serve him full time. Laura who is a teacher in the area who did not fail to lead to Jesus. Erin who went to find Jesus in a way that might of cost her fame. All off you that I forget that serve Jesus. Ron and Tamara who serve in raising 3 kids to Love and adore Jesus. Heroes to me and shapers some to me and my faith in Jesus. David who lost his wife suddenly who went into a hard time came out top shining for Jesus our king.

I want to return to this passage I worked on and did not go over tons in my mind tonight for bible time

James 1 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.[1]

1 All the good things in life are from the Lord. If a good thing is not from the Lord it is not good to have. All I have, am or ever will be is from God and I hope for God. My Job and all I am are from Gods hand. I am a steward of all the Lord gave to me and my job is to serve him in the way I do all that I do.

2God is changeless and he is not ever going to leave your side if you love him. He holds your hand and he gives you all you have. I must say that if your not saved still the more a reason to get saved because you ought to know who gave you all things and know that your not going to be in grace forever. It is not a wonder that I people are going to lose all in a hell it is a wonder that anyone is going to escape hell because of mercy.

3 It is Gods will that your saved. I think that no one is saved without God allowing it and no one goes to hell without Gods will in it. It is a mystery to me that God allows a person to go to hell. I am getting a bit into hard things but somewhere I am going to ask Jesus why is it that he wills a man to get saved but he allows them to not be saved. Like if Johnny an his friend get the same chance why did Johnny get saved and his pal reject? I never will firgure it out. Comment on your thoughts as I am not making the comments subject to my thinking.

So I take this out of James tonight and that is that I am not to ask why all the time but to trust and obey.
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?