Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 
http://shadrolfe.blogspot.com/I want to thank you for reading this blog. I want to think tonight about the book of James for a few weeks. It was a book written by the half brother of Jesus, Actually there is a lot of debate that wonders who wrote James. I am going to jump into to the passage tonight and give you my thoughts. I am not a pastor but I am writing what it means to me.


James 1 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
I have known this passage for many years. He is talking to people that are having hard times in life. When we have hard times how many times do I rejoice and see them as good things. James said we are to find joy in hard times. Why have Joy? They are going to make some fruit for us. It is something we all need is the patience of the Holy Spirit. Going in hard times is not fun. Matter of fact hard times make my fun go elsewhere. But God gives hard times so he can work out a plan that we know nothing of. I did not know when I lost my Job God wanted to use it to grow me. But he did. He used things to show my of some things I have to give in my life. I need to give up me. I have to give up and give in to the work of the Lord in my life.



4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Trails give me wisdom. They help me in seeing life in a new way. Patience always pays off. I was at the bank today and I had to wait a long time. I was cashing my check and I was in a hurry but I was held up. I could of got mad but I stood and made a light comment and had a laugh. I handled it a different way and I think it was ok. My ride waited but he understood. Sometimes we wait to solve things because time is needed. God gives wisdom to. We need to ask the Lord for things we lack in that. Wisdom is found in his word. Proverbs is a good place to read for wisdom. But also reading the bible is going to help and the Spirit really is going to guide.


6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.[1]

I was going to Hollywood via the trains and bus in LA. I had asked the people how to do it and I got there and did not seek the right things and did not trust. I should of because they were right and the second time I did the right thing and learned a good thing. In my life with Jesus sometimes I need to blindly follow. I do things not trusting I am a double-minded man. I want to trust Jesus and know that his way is sometimes not a way I think is right but it is.


[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?