Friday, January 06, 2006

 

hi there

Hi there it is a week till I go to the west on a plane. I am tempted to play some John Denver but I will not. I will play Great adventure by Chapman. I am not going to play John he was one strange man. He was not in to Jesus and he was a non-meat eater. Chapman is the real deal in the world of Christian music. Here is a man that lived the faith that he claims and does not make songs to sing and make cash. He lived the life. He went to the Far East that got 2 kids and brought them home. Chapman is one great songwriter. He also lives for Jesus and know his bible. I met him after a show at the target center. Steve is a good man that is telling to lost people they need Jesus so they Can go to heaven. If Christians would go out and tell 5 people the news that they can go to heaven every day we will see more people in the kingdom. I want to bring a short bible passage now.

Is 53 There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.[1]

I want to think tonight about Jesus who is called the man of sorrows. Jesus loves all the people in the world and unlike Calvin I think he died for all mankind. If Jesus provides a way to a sinner that does not repent that must just make Jesus sad. I think Jesus at times in his life was sad. He had to be sad when he sent the rich young ruler away. It must of hurt when Peter denied him in the way to Jesus cross. It has to hurt Jesus when one is lost and denies Jesus and Jesus who loves the person so much that is separated forever. Jesus is sad when he went to the cross to die for sin. I wonder for a little how happy can the lord be when people are in hell. Jesus being the one that was sent to save had to morn over Judas. Here is a man that committed suicide and Jesus loved him but he is in hell tonight. I think it must of hurt the Lord to see Judas go.

But then I look at my life and see the things I failed to do for Jesus and where have I made Jesus sad. Have a failed to give him the things in my life to care about. Have I told him he cannot have a part of me that I hold onto dearly? Jesus loves me a lot and I fail him so much. I ask you to pray and confess the times you make Jesus sad and ask him for help. shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
What is even more sad is that Jesus made hell in order to put those there who would not accept His love. So many people will say "(gasp) Not Jesus!"
And it would be wonderful if everyone saw they were sinners and repented. But there are those who will not.
And, in sadness, Jesus has a place for them to go. He is God after all. Jesus cannot allow the evil to be a continual "thorn in the side", as it were.
It is wonderful how much He loves those who are His. I am glad He loved us, even before we accepted Him.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?