Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

bible things

I want to start out talking about the twins and the fact we got a player in a trade. We got Luis Castillo from the marlins. He hits a .300 and that just might be ok to help out the lineup. He has won 3 gold gloves and that is needed for the twins. I think we need to sign Hunter and we need to get one or 2 more bats into the lineup to have anything to give to the campaign the next year. I also think the Vikings are going to win the rest of the way. I am hoping they get to the playoffs and maybe win a few in the playoffs. I hope they go all the way but I also want to see the bangles in the end and I do not want them colts to win anymore.

I talked to a friend tonight and I asked him what he thinks about the creation and what the saved man ought to beileive. He said it does not think it matters on the bible and how we say what he said. If you just trust Jesus and get saved. I think it is key to the Christian life is the bible and if you do not trust it I do not think you can be saved. If God made the world in 7 days that is what God did. I guess to grow in your life you got to trust the bible and do what it tells you to. If the bible said to us that God made the earth in 1000 years I would trust that but it does not and I am not going to sit and say it is ok to not trust the bible. Because you make that a allegory then you can make anything you want in the bible say whatever you want. Lets look at this tonight

Look at this note from Macathurs bible. I will make points in this to in ()

1:1–2:3 This description of God creating heaven and earth is understood to be: 1) recent, i.e., thousands not millions of years ago; 2) ex nihilo, i.e., out of nothing; and 3) special, i.e., in 6 consecutive 24 hour periods called “days” and further distinguished as such by this phrase, “the evening and the morning.” ( You cannot possibly say 1000 years. I morning and a night means a morning and a night. Like if I said I am going to be gone 3 nights and 4 days. It points to a time frame and to try to make this not say this is not right.)

If you’re a younger Christian and do not have the training know I am going to give you a tip. If the bible said something you take it like what it said. You do not make a narrative into a allegory. If you do you make thinks not right. Jonah was in the whale 3 nights and 3 days. If you do not hold that right then you make the statement about it by Jesus a lie. I think it is key to nail this at people growing in the faith that the bible is a book of truth. He made the point that all one needs in the Spirit and Jesus in the heart. I say you do to be saved but if your going to trust Jesus you take the bible as the truth and you do not pick what you want and then make it yours. You read the text and take the text and accept it all as truth or your make God out to lie.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.[1]

Not some but all the bible is the truth and if your not going to accept it you need to make it right with the Lord.

here are some links for the reason the bible contains what it does. I am going to post them on the blog to

http://www.valleybible.net/resources/AdultEducationClasses/Doctrine/Bibliology/canonicity.shtml

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/4610/biblio/canon.html

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/theology/theology/04canon.html

http://www.reformed.org/documents/index.html?mainframe=http://www.reformed.org/documents/icbi.html

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg1343.htm

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?